- Pro Sports
Clark the Cub takes his place among pro sports' worst mascots
The Chicago Cubs have broken 138 years of mascot-free tradition by introducing Clark the Cub, who will entertain young fans at Wrigley Field beginning this season. Judging from reaction on the Internet, Clark instantly deserves a place on the list of pro sports' worst mascots. Here are our ideas for some other entries.
- Colts reflect on loss, refocus on future There was a definitive sense of loss Monday in the Indianapolis Colts' locker room. But there also was a strong undercurrent of hope.
- George Bremer: Good, bad and ugly for Colts The Indianapolis Colts defeated three of the NFL's conference finalists this season. No other team can make that claim. Of course, the Colts also lost by scores of 38-8 to St. Louis and 40-11 to Arizona, a pair of teams who did not qualify for the postseason.
Colts Report Card: AFC Divisional Playoff
THB sports writer George Bremer grades the Colts' 43-22 loss against New England in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game.
- Colts ready to battle Pats, elements After a week spent puzzling over which schemes Bill Belichick might use to slow down T.Y. Hilton, it appears Mother Nature might do the job herself. The forecast in Foxborough, Mass., for tonight's AFC divisional playoff game calls for a high of 55 with winds at 23 m.p.h. and a 100 percent chance of rain. Far from ideal conditions for the Indianapolis Colts' hurry-up spread attack that has produced 75 total points in the past two weeks.
Colts GameDay: Venerable Vinatieri returns to NFL roots
Adam Vinatieri was part of the same New England Patriots rookie class as Tedy Bruschi in 1996. The pair helped the franchise win three Super Bowl titles in four appearances before Vinatieri departed for the Indianapolis Colts as a free agent following the 2005 season.
- All eyes on T.Y. Reggie Dunn's signing by New England on Tuesday did not draw the fanfare of former Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch's arrival in Indianapolis. But, make no mistake, Dunn is playing a vital role in preparation for Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game.
- Hamilton vs. Belichick will be one of Saturday's key matchups There might be no higher compliment for an NFL offensive coordinator than an admission from Bill Belichick that his scheme is difficult to prepare for. Welcome to an elite club, Pep Hamilton.
Maddux, Glavine, Thomas elected to Hall of Fame
Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas were elected to baseball's Hall of Fame on Wednesday, while Craig Biggio fell two votes short and tainted stars of the Steroids Era remained far behind.
- Eye on the Opponent: Brady continues to beat back Father Time It likely comes as no surprise a young quarterback of Andrew Luck's caliber would take an interest in Tom Brady's Hall of Fame-bound career. But it's a little more unexpected to learn the reverse is also true.
- More Pro Sports Headlines
- Clark the Cub takes his place among pro sports' worst mascots