- Auto Racing
- Little 500 entries received With the temperatures in the 60s on Wednesday and activity starting at Anderson Speedway this weekend with an open practice session, the first entries for the Pay Less Little 500 have been received.
- Kurt Busch to run Indy 500 It has been a good two weeks for the Indianapolis 500 with several announcements that should attract a lot of media and fan attention.
- Ken de la Bastide: Indy 500 champ returning in 2014 With activity at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just a few months away, the IZOD IndyCar Series is getting a boost for the Indianapolis 500.
- The 3 returns to Sprint Cup The famed “3” returned to NASCAR’s Sprint Cup division in a fitting fashion with Austin Dillon claiming the pole position for Sunday’s running of the Daytona 500.
- Daytona ready to heat up After what seems like a long winter, the racing season begins in earnest this weekend in the warm Florida sunshine. Action starts at Daytona International Speedway this Saturday with the ARCA stock cars in action followed up by qualifying for the Day
Ken de la Bastide: Young stars rise to the top
For the past few years I have had the privilege of watching two up-and-coming stars in the super late model ranks who are going to make noise in NASCAR.
- Teens sweep SpeedFest Two drivers with last names familiar to stock car fans combined to make it a sweep of the Zaxsby’s SpeedFest by teenage drivers on Sunday. Chase Elliott battled with fast-qualifier Johnny Sauter for most of the second half of the 200-lap Super Late Model feature.
- Ken de la Bastide: NASCAR Chase proposal a bad idea I have never been a fan of the “Chase for the Championship” implemented by NASCAR for the Sprint Cup teams. I’m even more disappointed with proposed changes in the format.
- Ken de la Bastide: A week of mixed emotions It has been a week of mixed emotions as there were both highs and lows for members of the local racing community. The bad news and good news is about drivers, crew members and the announcer at Anderson Speedway, names that are familiar to most racing fans in Indiana.
Ken de la Bastide: Anderson Speedway announces 2014 schedule
With a foot of snow on the ground and sub-zero temperatures it’s a little hard to think about the racing season, but Daytona Speed weeks are a little over a month away.
- More Auto Racing Headlines