- Auto Racing
Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole for 2nd straight year
Ed Carpenter has won the Indianapolis 500 pole for the second straight year.
- Carpenter leads need for speed at Indy The fastest nine drivers jostled for position Saturday with the pole position at stake for the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500, and Ed Carpenter posted the fastest time.
- New qualifying format talk at wet Indy track With a steady dose of rain in the morning and early afternoon preventing Fasty Friday from even getting warmed up, talk turned to the new qualifying format that will utilized at the Indianapolis 500 this year.
- Ken de la Bastide: New twist to Indy 500 qualifying Coming off a successful inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis, the open wheel racing community turns its focus to the Indianapolis 500.
- Trent repeats in late models at Anderson Martinsville driver Danny Trent made it two consecutive wins in Sportsman Late Model action at Anderson Speedway on Saturday.
- Pagenaud wins inaugural Indy GP Fuel strategy turned out to be the determining factor in bringing Simon Pagenaud the victory in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
- Saavedra unexpected pole winner at IMS Sebastian Saavedra claimed the pole position for the inaugural running of the Grand Prix of Indianapolis, after Ryan Hunter-Reay crashed after momentarily posting the quickest time.
- Ken de la Bastide: Indy Grand Prix should be special There can be only one inaugural for any event, and this weekend the Indianapolis Motor Speedway plays host to the first Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
- Poore continues winning ways Anderson’s Josh Poore used the high line to pass Jason Atkinson with 38 laps remaining to capture the CRA Stealth Trailers Street Stocks feature at Anderson Speedway.
IndyCar commits to New Orleans race in 2015
IndyCar will race in the New Orleans area in 2015, Gov. Bobby Jindal confirmed through a spokeswoman Sunday.
- More Auto Racing Headlines
- Carpenter wins Indy 500 pole for 2nd straight year