Helicopter aids in Easter egg drop
Four months of planning was gone in about one minute on the Lapel football field Saturday as The River Church held its third annual Easter egg drop. Church pastor Tyson Priest found out more than 22,000 plastic eggs don’t last long when hundreds of local children are racing to pick them up as quickly as possible. But he didn’t seem to mind.
Crossing over to Christianity
Tim Hanshew lives by 1 Corinthians 1:18: “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” For the past six years, he has shared that power by carrying a large wooden cross throughout Anderson.
- Grief reconciliation workshop series offered First United Methodist Church will offer a five-week workshop series about grief and mourning to help bring comfort and encouragement to participants in their grief journey.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Family, friends bid farewell to Jesse Sperry
The fussing of 10-day-old Autumn Marie Sperry seemed to coincide with the beginning of the funeral service for her father, Jesse Sperry, whose body rested just a few feet away. More than 200 friends and family members gathered at Edgewood Baptist Church this afternoon to pay their respects to Jesse, who was killed April 6 in a traffic accident on Indiana 32.
- 'Dinner in the Dark' set for April 26 Christ Lutheran Church will again host the “Dinner in the Dark,” benefiting Anderson Outreach Center for the Blind.
Local partnerships feed school children during weekends
Deanna McNeese says it is hard to listen to children talk about being hungry when school is not in session.
Mother of victim: Son was my hero
"He's my hero, and he always will be." That’s how Janelle Cox described her 23-year-old son, Jesse Sperry, who was killed in an April 6 traffic accident.
- More Faith Headlines
- Helicopter aids in Easter egg drop