- Called to serve Life right after college is a time of uncertainty and scrambling for a full-time job for a lot of recent graduates, but Holly Smith has known in her heart for a while what she was destined to do after commencement.
- Verna Davis: Peace is worth fighting for Some people say they know how to find peace. We should “simply” follow our hearts, search for meaning in our lives, and fulfill our dreams. Sad to say, those things may bring us a bit of satisfaction, but they certainly don’t bring us peace.
- JamFest set for Aug. 3 at Christ Lutheran Christ Lutheran Church, 2751 N. Scatterfield Road, will host JamFest from 4 to 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 3.
- Verna Davis: Seek peace by turning from evil and doing good There's something we all want: peace. World peace. Family peace. Personal peace. We yearn for peace, a feeling of freedom from commotion and antagonism, of harmony in our relationships, of lack of strife or dissension. What would we do to have peace in our lives?
- Church News: July 26 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Helping those in need
Nine-year-old Skylar King was not a volunteer or even a member of Greater Light Church, which Saturday gave away free school supplies, clothing and food during its annual Greater Light Gives Back event. The boy had played games to win tokens, and then he used them to buy each binder, saying he was giving his prizes away because he wanted to help other people.
- Anderson Pathfinders seek supplies to host Kenyan group Flashlights, toiletries, pillows and batteries are just some of the simple items the Anderson Pathfinders are trying to collect in the upcoming weeks.
- Church News: July 19 A compilation of local church news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Verna Davis: Like pecan pie, words from our mouths should be sweet I know that today is only July 12 and we are four months away from Thanksgiving dinner. I know that it's hot and you might not want to heat your oven for an hour to bake a pie. Nevertheless, today, July 12, is National Pecan Pie Day.
- Church News: July 12 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- More Faith Headlines