Spring revival begins Monday
ANDERSON — Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1540 W. 16th St., will host its Spring Revival March 25-27, with services at 7 p.m. nightly.
Guest evangelist will be the Rev. Henry Johnson III, pastor of Union Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Columbus, Ohio. Host pastor is the Rev. Dr. Edgar M. Woodall.
‘Facing the Giants’ shown this evening
CHESTERFIELD — “The power of belief, the strength to win” is the focus of the movie “Facing The Giants” which will be presented free of charge at 7 p.m. today by KingsWay Fellowship. Free refreshments will be provided and door prizes awarded.
Children must be accompanied by an adult. KingsWay Fellowship meets at CrossRoads Blues Cafe, 305 Water St., Chesterfield.
Winford speaks at St. Matthew
ANDERSON —The Rev. Doris Winford, pastor emeritus, will speak at the 9:30 a.m. worship service Sunday at St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 N. Madison Ave. Her message, “The Humility of Jesus Christ,” will be based on text from Philippians.
Porter celebrates pastoral anniversary
TIFTON, Ga. — Rudy Porter, former Anderson resident and assistant to the mayor for community affairs, will celebrate his first pastoral anniversary Saturday at the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Tifton, Ga.
Prior to being called to Shiloh, Porter served as pastor of the Irvin Hill Missionary Baptist Church in Valdosta, Ga.
Spring revival begins Monday
- 'Tis the season for giving Frankie Smith has spent almost three decades ringing bells for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign. This week he had to walk away from his jo b.
- Church News: Dec. 7 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Verna Davis: Look for the star that outshines all others Can you name a star? A real star, a star in the sky? Well, there's Vega, the fifth brightest star in the sky, 25 light years from the sun. But then there's that other star. The one mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. The star that was so bright in the night sky that it outshined all other stars.
Candlelight vigil marks World AIDS Day service
World AIDS Day turned into a service for faith and information in Anderson on Monday.
- Ballet Folklorico performs at Paramount, boasts diverse corps of dancers The St. Mary's-based Ballet Folklorico dance group is all about diversity.
- Kid's Learning Station and Christmas Program at Madison Park Madison Park Church of God invites the community to the Kid’s Learning Station and North Kids Christmas Program on Sunday, Dec. 8, at 6 p.m. at Madison Park Church of God.
Verna Davis: Remember: perfect gift has already been given
I know some people who are experts at buying gifts. No matter what the circumstance, they find just the right gift for the right person at the right time. I envy those people. I try to pick the right gift for the right person.
- Early Thanksgiving dinner teams with public transportation, feeds about 600 As Kathy Kellams prepared the kitchen at Cross Roads United Methodist to handle the influx of people who would be arriving to receive an early Thanksgiving meal, one of her volunteers told her there were already a few people waiting in the lobby.
Church of God convention leaving Anderson
For the first time in almost 100 years, Anderson will not host the annual Church of God Convention. The ministry announced Monday that Oklahoma City will be the new site for the 2014 convention and General Assembly meeting. Anderson will serve as a satellite location.
- Three churches have plans for expansion Three churches have plans to expand following approval from the City Council to vacate two streets.
- More Faith Headlines