Apostolic Heritage Conference set
ANDERSON — Christ Temple Apostolic Church, 1610 W. 22nd St., will host the 2013 Apostolic Heritage Conference May 1-3 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. Host pastor is District Elder Eddie Robinson.
The speaker on May 1 will be Elder Alfred Amos of Bethel Tabernacle, Indianapolis. Pastor Joel Urshan of the First Apostolic Church of Cincinnati will speak on May 2, and on May 3, Bishop Charles Sims of Calvary Community Church of Columbus, Ind., will be the speaker.
Day of Prayer to be observed May 2
ANDERSON — Southern Heights Christian Church, 5401 S. Madison Ave., will host an observance of the National Day of Prayer at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 2.
The Lions of Judah Choir from Liberty Christian School will be the special guests. The event is open to the community and free of charge.
Hear the ‘Sounds of Park Place’ April 28
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will present “The Sounds of Park Place” at 6 p.m. Sunday evening, April 28. Enjoy favorites from the Sanctuary Choir, One Accord Adult Handbell Choir and the Park Place Band as well as Allen Lucas and Shirley King Coolidge on the organ and Randy Hammel on piano.
A night of worship and refreshment will be hosted by Pastor Carma Wood, with Nik and Cailee Krieger as narrators.
For more information call 642-0216 or visit www.ppchog.org.
‘Latter Rain’ duo to perform April 28
ANDERSON — “Latter Rain,” the duo with Russ and Louise McMillion, will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 28 at Gethsemane Foursquare Church, 2320 38th St.
Ushers to celebrate 23 years
ANDERSON — The Ushers of New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., will celebrate their 23rd anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Victor Richardson and the New Zion church family will be guests.
Brewer to speak at AU Chapel
ANDERSON — Dr. Guy Brewer, Professor of Pastoral Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of the preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on Service.
This will also be the commissioning service for graduates. Jennifer Wilson will lead worship and Arlo Newell will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Watson ordination set for April 28
ANDERSON — Pastor Anthony D. Harris and Church Upon The Rock will hold an Ordination Service of Minister William Watson at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 28.
The theme will be “When It Pleases God,” from Galatians 1:15-16.
The guest speaker will be Pastor Rick Sleet from St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church, Fort Wayne.
Water in2 Wine in concert Sunday
ANDERSON — Water in2 Wine will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Eastview Church of the Nazarene, 2552 E. 200S, Anderson.
Water in2 Wine is an inspiration group made up of brothers Jonathan and Aaron Ashlock, born to missionary parents.
While studying at Indiana Wesleyan University, they produced their first CD in 2000, with several of Aaron’s original songs on it.
Bethany hosts revival services
ANDERSON — Revival services with Evangelist Gary Shock will be held Sunday through Friday at Bethany Baptist Church, 323 E. School St., Anderson. Sunday services will be at 10 a.m. for Sunday Bible Study and at 11 a.m. for worship service.
Monday through Friday evening Revival services are at 7 p.m.
Gospel Sing planned at Trinity
ANDERSON — Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., Anderson, will host a Gospel Sing on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in the church fellowship hall. The free event is open to public. It will be an informal opportunity to sing many beloved gospel songs and hymns.
Beth Tabor is organizing the event and will lead many of the songs.
Family movie night at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 N. Madison Ave., Anderson, will host a family movie night on Sunday, April 28, at 7 p.m. in Wesley Hall. Admission is free and each family is encouraged to bring snack foods to share. The movie, “Faith like Potatoes”, is the story of how a hardened and prejudiced man’s quest for material success is transformed after a personal crisis and spiritual awakening into a passionate love for God and people.
Special guest flautist, Sydney Hunt, will accompany the sanctuary choir at the 9:30 a.m. worship service this Sunday. The choir will sing Heather Sorenson’s “Hiding in the Shadow of God” (“Send the Rain”).
Apostolic Heritage Conference set
- Relationships for God Jerry Hilligoss, the pastor at Florida Station Church of God, said he’s learned over the last 18 years not to beat people over the head with the Bible.
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Rainy move-in doesn't dampen freshman spirit
In the 14 years he's taken part in freshmen move-in day, Stu Erny, director of Campus Ministries and International Student Services at Anderson University, said this is the first time the weather has been unpleasant.
- Verna Davis: Got a song stuck in your head? Just surrender Ever have a song stuck in your head? You find yourself thinking about the song at random times during the day. Or humming the song at odd times during the day. Or worse yet, when stopped at a traffic signal you find yourself belting it out only to realize that even with the windows rolled up, the person in the car beside you can hear your not-so-musical rendition.
- Church News: Aug. 16 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Judge: Church of God fraud case closed No objections have been filed preventing the closure of a decade-old investment fraud case involving the Church Extension of the Church of God. The deadline for objections to a plan resolving the case was Aug. 4.
- Uniting to serve A meaningful relationship with God can grow within the walls of a church, but for the congregation at United in Christ Church, that connection happens by taking time to step away from the pews and walk into the community.
Verna Davis: Asking and answering some rhetorical questions
A rhetorical question implies its own answer so in order to make a point. Sometimes, rhetorical questions are meant to engage us in...well…umm…some sort of rhetoric. Just for the fun of it, let’s ask (and answer) some rhetorical questions.
- Church News: Aug. 9 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Called to serve Life right after college is a time of uncertainty and scrambling for a full-time job for a lot of recent graduates, but Holly Smith has known in her heart for a while what she was destined to do after commencement.
- More Faith Headlines