Prayer fellowship Monday
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Vermillion Place, 449 N. Main St.
For more information call Karen at 765-622-7825 or Jewel at 278-3758.
Revival set for April 4-6
ANDERSON — Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will have a three-day revival from April 4 to 6 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. The Riddells will provide the music each night. Rev. Tim Cunningham of Kings Chapel will be preaching.
For more information call 765-643-4827.
Easter Sunday service planned
ANDERSON — Bethany Baptist Church, 323 School St., will have Easter/Resurrection services Sunday with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m.
For bus service call the church office at 649-7300 before Sunday.
Easter services at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 North Madison Ave., will celebrate the resurrection at 9:30 a.m. with worship. Accompanying the hymns will be a brass ensemble from Anderson High School, pianist Cindy Blake and organist Jan Baker. The Sanctuary Choir, under the direction of Genell Keown, will sing “On the Third Day” by Allen Pote, accompanied by the brass ensemble, timpani and piano.
The Easter Sunrise service will begin at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast in Wesley Hall at 8:15 a.m. Sunday School classes for all ages will follow at 11 a.m.
Church of the Brethren services
ANDERSON — Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N Scatterfield Rd., will have an Easter Sunday sunrise service at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast and Easter egg hunt at 8:30 a.m. and morning worship at 9:30 a.m.
Daleville Christian celebrates Easter
DALEVILLE — Services are planned for Easter Sunday at Daleville Christian Church. Sunrise Services at 7 a.m. and Regular (Easter) service at 9 a.m. with traditional style worship.
Central Christian adds Sunrise service
ANDERSON — Central Christian, of 10th and Jackson streets, will add a 7:30 a.m. service on Easter Sunday.
This Sunrise service will be held in Schuster Chapel. Celebration Worship will be at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary.
Park Place services planned
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will have a 10:30 a.m. Easter worship service featuring the Sanctuary Choir and the Park Place Worship Team.
‘Your Easter Story’ Sunday
ANDERSON — “Your Easter Story”, a dramatic presentation will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Celebration Church at Arrow Heights, 1120 Arrow Ave. Lead pastor is Mike Thigpen.
Come as you are — casual attire acceptable.
Easter presentation Sunday
ANDERSON — East Lynn Christian Church, 522 E. 53rd St., will host Easter festivities at 7:30 a.m. Sunday with its Easter Sunrise service. “The Glorious Rainbow of Easter,” is planned and will be put on by the Youth group.
Easter breakfast served by the Diaconate, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sunday school will be held at 9:30 a.m. followed by Easter worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The Rev. Susan M. Cameron will preach “No Shadows Now! Jesus Lives!” based on John 20:1-18, the Chancel Choir will sing “In This Tomb.”
Easter program Sunday
ANDERSON — New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., youth will present their annual Easter progam at 4 p.m. Sunday. Speaker will be Rev. Alexander of the Antioch MBC of Muncie.
Mt. Pilgrim presents ‘Jesus is Alive’
ANDERSON — Mount Pilgrim Church will present “Jesus is Alive!” Easter program on Sunday. Song selections by God’s Little Angels. Sunday school skit: “Mary, he’s not here!?” Mount Pilgrim Youth skit: “Forgive me Lord we didn’t know it was you.”
The Easter sermon will be “Signed Sealed Delivered,” by Minister Cynthia Hiatt.
Church school starts at 9:30 a.m., with donuts, coffee and juice at 10:30 a.m. Easter service set for 11 a.m.
Host pastor is Dr. Thomas J. Robinson.
Musical set at Glad Tidings
ANDERSON — “In The Presence of Jehovah," a musical presentation with DVD by the Glad Tidings Choir., will be presented at 3 p.m. Saturday at Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Sunday Sunrise service presenting “He Lives” musical at 8:30 a.m. followed by Breakfast in Galilee and a repeat performance of “In The Presence of Jehovah” at the 10:30 a.m. service. Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Prayer fellowship Monday
- Verna Davis: Got a song stuck in your head? Just surrender Ever have a song stuck in your head? You find yourself thinking about the song at random times during the day. Or humming the song at odd times during the day. Or worse yet, when stopped at a traffic signal you find yourself belting it out only to realize that even with the windows rolled up, the person in the car beside you can hear your not-so-musical rendition.
- Church News: Aug. 16 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Judge: Church of God fraud case closed No objections have been filed preventing the closure of a decade-old investment fraud case involving the Church Extension of the Church of God. The deadline for objections to a plan resolving the case was Aug. 4.
- Uniting to serve A meaningful relationship with God can grow within the walls of a church, but for the congregation at United in Christ Church, that connection happens by taking time to step away from the pews and walk into the community.
Verna Davis: Asking and answering some rhetorical questions
A rhetorical question implies its own answer so in order to make a point. Sometimes, rhetorical questions are meant to engage us in...well…umm…some sort of rhetoric. Just for the fun of it, let’s ask (and answer) some rhetorical questions.
- Church News: Aug. 9 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Called to serve Life right after college is a time of uncertainty and scrambling for a full-time job for a lot of recent graduates, but Holly Smith has known in her heart for a while what she was destined to do after commencement.
- Verna Davis: Peace is worth fighting for Some people say they know how to find peace. We should “simply” follow our hearts, search for meaning in our lives, and fulfill our dreams. Sad to say, those things may bring us a bit of satisfaction, but they certainly don’t bring us peace.
- JamFest set for Aug. 3 at Christ Lutheran Christ Lutheran Church, 2751 N. Scatterfield Road, will host JamFest from 4 to 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 3.
- Verna Davis: Seek peace by turning from evil and doing good There's something we all want: peace. World peace. Family peace. Personal peace. We yearn for peace, a feeling of freedom from commotion and antagonism, of harmony in our relationships, of lack of strife or dissension. What would we do to have peace in our lives?
- More Faith Headlines