Prayer fellowship Monday
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Vermillion Place, 449 N. Main St.
For more information call Karen at 765-622-7825 or Jewel at 278-3758.
Revival set for April 4-6
ANDERSON — Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will have a three-day revival from April 4 to 6 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. The Riddells will provide the music each night. Rev. Tim Cunningham of Kings Chapel will be preaching.
For more information call 765-643-4827.
Easter Sunday service planned
ANDERSON — Bethany Baptist Church, 323 School St., will have Easter/Resurrection services Sunday with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m.
For bus service call the church office at 649-7300 before Sunday.
Easter services at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 North Madison Ave., will celebrate the resurrection at 9:30 a.m. with worship. Accompanying the hymns will be a brass ensemble from Anderson High School, pianist Cindy Blake and organist Jan Baker. The Sanctuary Choir, under the direction of Genell Keown, will sing “On the Third Day” by Allen Pote, accompanied by the brass ensemble, timpani and piano.
The Easter Sunrise service will begin at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast in Wesley Hall at 8:15 a.m. Sunday School classes for all ages will follow at 11 a.m.
Church of the Brethren services
ANDERSON — Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N Scatterfield Rd., will have an Easter Sunday sunrise service at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast and Easter egg hunt at 8:30 a.m. and morning worship at 9:30 a.m.
Daleville Christian celebrates Easter
DALEVILLE — Services are planned for Easter Sunday at Daleville Christian Church. Sunrise Services at 7 a.m. and Regular (Easter) service at 9 a.m. with traditional style worship.
Central Christian adds Sunrise service
ANDERSON — Central Christian, of 10th and Jackson streets, will add a 7:30 a.m. service on Easter Sunday.
This Sunrise service will be held in Schuster Chapel. Celebration Worship will be at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary.
Park Place services planned
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will have a 10:30 a.m. Easter worship service featuring the Sanctuary Choir and the Park Place Worship Team.
‘Your Easter Story’ Sunday
ANDERSON — “Your Easter Story”, a dramatic presentation will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Celebration Church at Arrow Heights, 1120 Arrow Ave. Lead pastor is Mike Thigpen.
Come as you are — casual attire acceptable.
Easter presentation Sunday
ANDERSON — East Lynn Christian Church, 522 E. 53rd St., will host Easter festivities at 7:30 a.m. Sunday with its Easter Sunrise service. “The Glorious Rainbow of Easter,” is planned and will be put on by the Youth group.
Easter breakfast served by the Diaconate, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sunday school will be held at 9:30 a.m. followed by Easter worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The Rev. Susan M. Cameron will preach “No Shadows Now! Jesus Lives!” based on John 20:1-18, the Chancel Choir will sing “In This Tomb.”
Easter program Sunday
ANDERSON — New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., youth will present their annual Easter progam at 4 p.m. Sunday. Speaker will be Rev. Alexander of the Antioch MBC of Muncie.
Mt. Pilgrim presents ‘Jesus is Alive’
ANDERSON — Mount Pilgrim Church will present “Jesus is Alive!” Easter program on Sunday. Song selections by God’s Little Angels. Sunday school skit: “Mary, he’s not here!?” Mount Pilgrim Youth skit: “Forgive me Lord we didn’t know it was you.”
The Easter sermon will be “Signed Sealed Delivered,” by Minister Cynthia Hiatt.
Church school starts at 9:30 a.m., with donuts, coffee and juice at 10:30 a.m. Easter service set for 11 a.m.
Host pastor is Dr. Thomas J. Robinson.
Musical set at Glad Tidings
ANDERSON — “In The Presence of Jehovah," a musical presentation with DVD by the Glad Tidings Choir., will be presented at 3 p.m. Saturday at Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Sunday Sunrise service presenting “He Lives” musical at 8:30 a.m. followed by Breakfast in Galilee and a repeat performance of “In The Presence of Jehovah” at the 10:30 a.m. service. Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Prayer fellowship Monday
Methodists end minister's NY same-sex wedding case
A United Methodist bishop on Monday dropped the case against a retired minister accused of breaking church law by officiating his son's same-sex wedding — a dramatic decision that came just months after another minister was defrocked for the same reason.
- Fundraising dinner to help Afghan women and children AWAKEN (Afghan Women’s And Kids’ Education & Necessities) Inc. is hosting its 12th annual fundraising dinner on Saturday, April 5, at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4800 W. Bradford Drive, Muncie. Doors open at 5:30 pm.
- Restoring purity For almost three years, Restoration Fellowship Ministries in Anderson has tried to be a safe haven for local girls to talk about issues adolescents face.
- Casting Jesus: Did he really look like Brad Pitt? Those who study religion as portrayed in popular culture note that depicting Jesus on the screen has always been a tricky business, one that balances weighty theological concerns — how divine to make the son of God, and how human? —with more earthly ones, like how best to sell movie tickets?
- Verna Davis: Be careful with the power of your words Recently, driving home from work, I was thinking about two incidents, one fiction, one real, that both bore out the same truth: Words have power.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Anderson University president Edwards to step down
The first words from Tom Snyder on hearing the news Monday that Anderson University President James Edward plans to step down were, "Oh, goodness." It was the unguarded reaction of a man who considers Edwards both a close personal friend and a mentor in higher education.
Amazing voices unite in Anderson
Eloni Fitzpatrick did not hesitate to take the stage and sing at the Gospel Music Workshop of America (GMWA) in Anderson Saturday evening. The workshop, held at the Greater Progressive Temple of Faith, 2026 Hendricks Street, featured several talented musicians in the state, including Fitzpatrick.
- Melting pot at Midweek Meal For almost two years, people have been going to Trinity Episcopal Church’s Midweek Meal, a free lunch offered every Wednesday to anyone who needs it. It’s something the church has done for almost four years to offer relief to area residents who are struggling.
- Verna Davis: Don't engage in shrewish behavior I suspect there is a bit of a shrew in all of us. With our pointed noses, we sometimes seek out things to talk about that are none of our business. With our beady eyes, we look around for someone doing something we don't like so we can discuss it all with other shrews just like ourselves.
- More Faith Headlines
- Methodists end minister's NY same-sex wedding case