- East Side Church of God's 'Mission Accepted' Churchgoers will have the opportunity to make a difference in Anderson by learning about conflicts in the Middle East this weekend.
- Support group to focus on needs of parents of teen parents About 8 percent of Hoosier children live in a home where a grandparent is head of household, according to the AARP (Indiana). Many teenage parents are doing their best to balance school work, a new baby, a job, and learning how to parent. Behind the scenes is a grandparent trying to do the right thing.
- 'Sing-Out Sunday' delivers peaceful message of support Several members of the Alexandria First United Methodist Church came out Sunday morning to peacefully demonstrate their support for former choir director Adam Fraley, who is gay.
- Singing in protest A group ostracized from the Alexandria United Methodist Church will be back in service today, letting the rest of the remaining congregation know they are still fighting to get their church back.
Relief in 'The Baby Corner'
It's not every day struggling parents can get free diapers, but if SuzieDee Pardue gets her way, maybe they will someday.
- Church News: Feb. 22 A compilation of news from local churches, as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Verna Davis: Everything is possible, even spring
I don't know if you've noticed it or not, but people are starting to get, well, umm, how can I say it gracefully? People are starting to get grouchy. And that makes me kinda grouchy, too. What's the reason for all this grouch? Well, duh. Look outside
Panel discusses lingering inequalities in income, justice and opportunities
A panel of local leaders met before a celebration of Black History Month to discuss the month's importance — past, present and future.
- 'God can use anybody' Surrounded by the close friends of a regular small group Bible study, Ann Smith told the tale of “a trip of a lifetime.” She animatedly conveyed the message of her month-long stay in Japan: God can use anybody.
- Church News: Feb. 15 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Faith Headlines