- Drama camp to perform 'The Chronicles of Narnia' This summer, local drama director Darlene Lee plans to embark on an adventure into "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
Verna Davis: Sing the praises of God or to annoy your children
Nowadays, I sing less of The Fifth Dimension and more hymns and worship choruses that add spiritual dimension to my life. But every once in a while, the old onery-ness comes rearing its annoying head.
- Church News: April 12 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
More than $7,000 raised for accident victims after one day
A day after a deadly traffic accident that claimed the life of an expecting father and injured the pregnant mother, friends of the family raised more than $7,000 to help with expenses for the family.
Madison Park Church of God emerges from bankruptcy
ANDERSON -- Eight months after filing for bankruptcy, Madison Park Church of God has restructured its debts and emerged from the court proceedings. "It was very amicable," said Rob Spaulding, business administrator for Madison Park Church of God.
Mormon leader outlines opposition to gay marriage
A top Mormon leader reiterated the church's opposition to gay marriage Saturday during the church's biannual general conference.
- Building relationships through ministry A group of about 20 AU students walk from campus to the Christian Center every Friday to volunteer. From about 4:15 to 7 p.m., they cook, dine, do dishes, chat and play games with the men at the shelter.
- Verna Davis: In some ways, teens not much different from adults Teenagers can be a bit hard to explain. By observing their actions and by remembering my own teen years, I have come to the conclusion that teenagers and cats have an awful lot in common.
- Church News: April 5 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Jim Bailey: Gaither Vocal Band keeps rolling along with new faces
Bill Gaither himself thought the Gaither Vocal Band was nearing the end about the time the whole Homecoming phenomenon began to blossom. Singers have come and gone since, but the Alexandria-based gospel group keeps reinventing itself.
- More Faith Headlines