- Knit for love Knit one, purl two. Or was that knit two, purl one? With no less than 1,600 hats behind her, it’s a mystery how Carolyn Riley manages to keep track. She doesn’t leave home without her knitting needles.
Christmas story comes to life
Amid all the consumer hype of the holidays, it can sometimes be hard to hear the spiritual messages of the season. Sunday, Dec. 1, residents and visitors to Elwood can take a fun time out to focus on the biblical Christmas story.
- Verna Davis: Hold onto Jesus in this storm we call life Some days, someone will say something, and some idea will explode in my heart and I can't eat or sleep or do anything until that certain something becomes a column. That's what happened this morning.
- Church News: Nov. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Church News: Nov. 16 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Local programs salute veterans today
Several Veterans Day ceremonies and programs are scheduled today in Madison County.
- Friends, family say Reese was a difference-maker Deacon Mack Reese, Sr. was someone who would always follow through with his word. And more often than not, that word was "help."
Church renovations reflect congregation's abiding spirit
For all of its long history, Alexandria Epworth United Methodist Church communicates a clean, comfortable, up-to-date welcome. In recent years, the congregation has thoughtfully renovated the facility.
- Verna Davis: God is God, we are not — get used to it If I were in charge of the world, I would make sure that creme-filled doughnuts would have no calories. Lettuce would never wilt and milk would never sour. Butter would always melt on your pancakes. And that's just to take care of things until supper.
- Church News: Nov. 9 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- More Faith Headlines