Nun, 100, celebrates austere life of prayer
For most of her life, Sister Mary Bernadette has woken up at the stroke of midnight, stood up from the straw mattress inside her cell, and walked barefoot to the small chapel inside the Monastery of the Poor Clares.
- Verna Davis: Encourage, don't discourage The nation's largest pharmacy benefit manager, Express Scripts, is dramatically scaling back its coverage of compounded medications, saying most of the custom-mixed medicines are ineffective or overpriced.
- Church News: July 5 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- BZA approves special exception for school After gaining approval for a special use exception, the Anderson Christian School is hoping to reopen this fall at a location on Broadway.
- Marion church to march on Grant County courthouse The Search, a young adult ministry of Marion's Allen Temple African Methodist Episcopal Church, will host a communitywide march and downtown rally on Sunday, July 20, to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the March on Marion for civil rights.
- Historical Society exhibit spotlights county's enduring churches The Madison County Historical Society’s latest exhibit, “Active Madison County Churches Over 100 Years Old,” opened June 16 and runs until July 30.
- Verna Davis: Seek out words on a printed page I feel there’s something almost mystical about words on a printed page. Spoken words journey through the quagmire of voice inflection, facial expression, and body language before reaching their listener. A writer’s words last forever.
- Church News: June 28 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Church of God Convention opens in Oklahoma City The annual Church of God Convention got underway Monday with Anderson playing a supporting role to the main event for the first time in nearly 100 years.
Judge approves final fraud repayment to Church of God members
A federal judge has agreed to close a case involving almost $85 million in investment fraud and the Church of God.
- More Faith Headlines
- Nun, 100, celebrates austere life of prayer