Verna Davis: Remember and be grateful for your many blessings on this day
Today is not a special day. No anniversary to share with God. But the thing is, do we have so many blessings we have forgotten to be grateful and praise the Lord for all He has given us?
- Churches split on views of same-gender relationships Pastor Rick Vale says people are in a dilemma when it comes to same-sex marriage. The quandary, he said, is generating a lot of discussion. "The new generations in the church – those that are college age – have a different view of the situation than their parents and grandparents,” Vale says.
- Church music, singing is all about God OK. Check the front of the nearest Methodist hymnal for "John Wesley's Rules of Congregational Singing," written in 1761. Among other things, Mr. Wesley wanted church- goers to learn the hymns before they learned any other tun
Church News: Oct. 12
A compilation of church news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historic church up for sale A church building built in the early 1900s is up for sale in Ingalls after the town council decided it was costing the city too much money.
You're not alone, billboard tells nonreligious
A billboard alongside a highway in western Michigan is spreading the message that religion is something people can live without.
- Animals come to church for blessing Despite a downpour, members of the Trinity Episcopal Church congregation still showed up for an animal blessing on Sunday.
- Fields of Faith event set for Oct. 9 This year's Fellowship of Christian Athletes Fields of Faith event will take place Wednesday at the Muncie Central Fieldhouse.
- Verna Davis: Don't choose silence over the truth Those times when we know we should speak the truth about Jesus by proclaiming Him as our Savior, those times when we neglect to praise Him for who He is and what He does, those times when we choose silence over truth — those are the times the very stones of the earth will "hear" our silence and speak for us.
- Church News: Oct. 5 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- More Faith Headlines
- Verna Davis: Remember and be grateful for your many blessings on this day