- Restoring purity For almost three years, Restoration Fellowship Ministries in Anderson has tried to be a safe haven for local girls to talk about issues adolescents face.
- Casting Jesus: Did he really look like Brad Pitt? Those who study religion as portrayed in popular culture note that depicting Jesus on the screen has always been a tricky business, one that balances weighty theological concerns — how divine to make the son of God, and how human? —with more earthly ones, like how best to sell movie tickets?
- Verna Davis: Be careful with the power of your words Recently, driving home from work, I was thinking about two incidents, one fiction, one real, that both bore out the same truth: Words have power.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
Anderson University president Edwards to step down
The first words from Tom Snyder on hearing the news Monday that Anderson University President James Edward plans to step down were, "Oh, goodness." It was the unguarded reaction of a man who considers Edwards both a close personal friend and a mentor in higher education.
Amazing voices unite in Anderson
Eloni Fitzpatrick did not hesitate to take the stage and sing at the Gospel Music Workshop of America (GMWA) in Anderson Saturday evening. The workshop, held at the Greater Progressive Temple of Faith, 2026 Hendricks Street, featured several talented musicians in the state, including Fitzpatrick.
- Melting pot at Midweek Meal For almost two years, people have been going to Trinity Episcopal Church’s Midweek Meal, a free lunch offered every Wednesday to anyone who needs it. It’s something the church has done for almost four years to offer relief to area residents who are struggling.
- Verna Davis: Don't engage in shrewish behavior I suspect there is a bit of a shrew in all of us. With our pointed noses, we sometimes seek out things to talk about that are none of our business. With our beady eyes, we look around for someone doing something we don't like so we can discuss it all with other shrews just like ourselves.
- Church News: March 1 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- East Side Church of God's 'Mission Accepted' Churchgoers will have the opportunity to make a difference in Anderson by learning about conflicts in the Middle East this weekend.
- More Faith Headlines