- Verna Davis: Don't park yourself in God's spot Did you know God has a parking spot reserved just for Him? It's the space specially marked for God so He can make room for His justice and judgment.
- Church News: May 17 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Trinity's salad buffet supports classroom grants The Women of Trinity Episcopal Church will serve the Original Salad Bowl Luncheon on Friday, May 16. The luncheon features Trinity recipes that have been passed from generation to generation.
Verna Davis: Looking for a spouse? Follow God's lead
It has finally happened. I never thought I would be able to say, "Well, I've never been asked that before," because I thought I had been asked just about everything.
- Church News: May 10 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband
The first openly gay Episcopal bishop, who became a symbol for gay rights far beyond the church while deeply dividing the world's Anglicans, plans to divorce his husband.
- Public invited to 'You're Somebody's Daughter' banquet At 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 8, Ovid Community Church, 793 E. 600S, Anderson, will hosting a "You’re Somebody’s Daughter" banquet.
- Helping those who need it the most Just three years after her husband unexpectedly died, Virginia “Ginny” Barnes became overwhelmed with grief when her son Jim died. Barnes sought treatment in 1981, and by the mid-1990s, she, Lester Duncan and Harold Ben King used their Christian faith to help incarcerated addicts. Eventually, Sowers of Seeds became a faith-based, nonprofit recovery organization.
- Verna Davis: How about acts of kindness in Jesus' name? What if, for one day, without spending a penny, we would all pick just five ordinary people to whom we would do something extraordinary?
- Church News: May 3 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- More Faith Headlines