VIDEO: The Colts are back in action Sunday, traveling to the desert to take on the suddenly surging Arizona Cardinals. Herald Bulletin sports reporter George Bremer breaks down the keys to the game.
Week 12: Colts-Cardinals preview
- Permission to play key for Liberty Sometimes the most effective advice a coach can give is the one that frees up players to just do what most of them having been doing their entire lives.
- Wow! Lions roar to first regional title Redemption. Liberty Christian's boys basketball team harbored the heartbreak of a fourth-quarter meltdown in the regional final for an entire year. On Saturday night at Case Arena, the 10th-ranked Lions erased a 14-point halftime deficit and defeated No. 7 Lafayette Central Catholic 65-55 for the first regional championship in program history.
- Nicks betting deal with Colts will pay off Hakeem Nicks is betting on himself. The 25-year-old wide receiver with a Super Bowl ring and a long injury history from five years with the New York Giants chose a fresh start in Indianapolis because he believes the pieces are in place for the franchise to make a long postseason run.
- Lions roll to third straight regional final Chris Nunn missed two days of school this week while running a fever. But it was Seton Catholic that was left with a queasy feeling after the Liberty Christian junior's performance in the Class 1A regional semifinals at Case Arena on Saturday afternoon.
Lions enjoying another regional run
Liberty Christian coach Jason Chappell is hoping to lead his Anderson-based school to two wins in the Class 1A regional today and celebrate on the Case Arena floor in the fashion made popular by its namesake.
- Colts add WR Nicks on one-year deal The Indianapolis Colts wide receiver corps was severely depleted in the second half of the 2013 season. On Friday, the franchise bought an insurance policy for this fall.
- Angie Colip: Hall of Fame nominations underway Nominations for both men and women are now being taken for the Hall of Fame.
- Colts DL Jones comes from fighting family If nothing else, Arthur Jones is up for a fight. Most older brothers are confident they can best their younger siblings. But it jumps to another level when the younger brother is UFC light heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones.
- Nunn cousins help lead Lions' surge Chris Nunn's arrival coincided with the Liberty Christian's first sectional championship in 2012. When Franklin Nunn arrived a year later, the Lions came within about six minutes of adding their first regional title to the mix.
ACS board accepts decision firing Anderson football coach
Randy Albano is officially out as head football coach of the Anderson Indians.
- More Sports Headlines