MIDDLETOWN, Ind. — At halftime Friday, the deficit was 42-14, and, a week after a devastating loss to Eastern Hancock, it looked like Shenandoah was on its way to a second-straight blowout loss.
- High School football preview: Raiders' unselfishness keeps Shenandoah rumbling on The Shenandoah football team does not rebuild. It reloads. And runs the ball over, around and — when necessary — through anything in its path.
Rick Teverbaugh: Football, school start too early
We are just one day away from the kickoff of the high school football season.
Rick Bramwell: Squirrel good place for hunters to start
A lot of kids, these days, go straight to deer hunting when introduced to the sport. A better specie for a young hunter to hone his or her skills on, is squirrel. Developing the stealth it takes to sneak within range of a squirrel will serve beginners well when they move up to big game.
- High School football preview: PH's Boudoux, Farrer growing up in the trenches The best football player in Madison County just might be lined up on the left side of Pendleton Heights' offensive line this fall.
Ken de la Bastide: Allmendinger makes Chase field
Lost in the media furor surrounding Tony Stewart last weekend was the fact that A.J. Almendinger qualified for the Sprint Cup chase for the championship.
- Speedway announces changes to races Anderson Speedway officials have announced changes to the racing programs on Oct. 4 and 11, along with the addition of an event on Oct. 25.
- High school football preview: Baseball star Cherry has Lapel dreaming big Not very often does a Division I baseball player come into a football coach's office and declare that he wants to come out for the team, but that’s exactly what Brady Cherry did last summer at Lapel High School.
- George Bremer: McAfee can't wait for another shot at miracle finish Two days later, Pat McAfee still was kicking himself for missing a 64-yard field goal that would have provided an even more improbable finish to Saturday's 27-26 preseason loss against the New York Giants.
- HS football preview: QB Kelly, Tigers chasing titles this fall Alexandria’s senior quarterback Blaize Kelly has all the statistics, honors and school records, but the one thing that he is still searching for is a sectional championship.
- Rogers, Whalen heating up WR conversation Da'Rick Rogers and Griff Whalen are competing so hard for the fifth WR spot, the Colts might be convinced to keep six.
- More Sports Headlines