- Young Fetty notches first 700 series After reporting on so many tournaments and their results for the past few weeks, the timing couldn’t have been better for some very impressive scores to be shot this week.
5 area teams in sectional semis Friday
Half of the 10 boys basketball teams in this area have made it to sectional semifinals Friday and each of them has a solid chance to make it to Saturday's title game.
- Colts get jump on free agency, add to defense The free agency period began early for the Indianapolis Colts with Thursday’s addition of veteran linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.
- Arabians looking forward after rivalry win Reminded his team is now riding a nine-game sectional winning streak Wednesday night, Brian Hahn made it very clear he wasn't interested in that line of questioning. "I didn't even hear what you just said," the Pendleton Heights boys basketball coach said, finishing with a hint of a smile.
- IHSAA looks into complaint of racial behavior The Indiana High School Athletic Association is investigating complaints that a students engaged in racially charged behavior at a girls high school basketball semistate game.
Rick Teverbaugh: Baseball bug has hit early and hard
It seems nearly heresy to mention this as the boys basketball sectionals unfold, but the baseball bug has bitten me even harder than normal already this year.
- Lions shake off slow start, buck Broncos The Liberty Christian boys basketball team's pursuit of a third straight Class 1A sectional crown got off to a bit of a slow start Tuesday, but a strong second half propelled the Lions to a 78-31 win over Daleville in the opening round at Monroe Central High School.
Eagles pull away from Owls with big second half
Frankton got points from typical and not-so-typical places and left Muncie Burris in the dust in the second half of Tuesday's sectional basketball opener.
- Bulldogs pounce on Raiders Mitchell Richardson and Bailey Partington scored 28 of the Bulldogs' 36 first-half points as Lapel cruised to a 63-38 over the Shenandoah Raiders
- Alex falls to Tipton in 2A opener Mason Degenkoll scored 14 of his game-high 35 points during a pivotal third quarter, and Tipton held on down the stretch to beat Alexandria 68-60 in a Class 2A sectional opener Tuesday.
- More Sports Headlines