Colts GameDay: Walden preparing for rematch with Walker
Colts outside linebacker Erik Walden received a one-game suspension for head-butting Titans tight end Delanie Walker two weeks ago. His return comes Sunday, in a rematch against Walker and Tennessee.
- Richardson leads Lapel in rout A twist of fate might have changed the course of the game Saturday night as the Lapel boys basketball team turned a 15-12 first-quarter lead into an 81-38 trouncing of Elwood.
- Liberty pulls away from Alexandria The house was full at the Lions’ Den Saturday night as the Liberty Christian Lions opened their home portion of the schedule with a 61-43 win over the visiting Alexandria Tigers.
- Frankton flies past Taylor 89-45 Frankton blitzed Taylor over the first two quarters to settle the issue in a convincing 89-45 victory over the Titans Saturday night.
- Dunham steps up as Arabians run past Delta There were plenty of familiar sights for Pendleton Heights fans during Saturday's boys basketball season opener. The give-and-go was a staple of the offense. The defense was aggressive and persistent. And the leading scorer was a Dunham. Sophomore Kenton Dunham — Kellen's younger brother — scored 21 points in his first varsity start, and the Arabians ran away with a 57-45 victory against Hoosier Heritage Conference rival Delta.|PENDLETON — There were plenty of familiar sights for Pendleton Heights fans during Saturday's boys basketball season opener. The give-and-go was a staple of the offense. The defense was aggressive and persistent. And the leading scorer was a Dunham.
- PH's Wolverton top Boys Soccer athlete There was no game on the schedule, no organized practice, just Brian Wolverton — alone — dribbling a soccer ball up and down an empty field.
- Raiders spurt past Eagles The Shenandoah Lady Raiders used a 14-3 scoring advantage in the third quarter to break open a close game and post a 64-44 win over the visiting Frankton Lady Eagles here Friday night.
- Rivalries dominate this weekend You don't need your GPS to know the road to the BCS title game goes through the Iron Bowl. It has lately, anyway, since the winners of the past four Alabama-Auburn meetings have ended up national champions.
THB Boys Tennis Athlete of the Year: Garrett Fensler
Although Lapel’s Garrett Fensler has only been playing the game of tennis for four short years, he has dedicated himself to the sport and it culminated in him being named The 2013 Herald Bulletin Boys Tennis Player of the Year.
- Angie Colip: Thanksgiving brings back memories and another 300 game Happy Thanksgiving to the bowling community. I hope that all that turkey and pumpkin pie will not hinder your ability to bend those knees at the foul line and throw those strikes.
- More Sports Headlines
- Colts GameDay: Walden preparing for rematch with Walker