Rick Bramwell: Do big city folks have a passion for hunting?
On a recent drive to the West Coast, my imagination ran wild as I passed through different types of habitat.
- Colts set to host ESPN during training camp ESPN is coming to Anderson University. "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" will set up shop on campus during Indianapolis Colts training camp on July 28. Reporter Bob Holtzman and analyst Jeff Saturday, who started 188 games at center for the Colts from 1999 through 2011, are scheduled to be on hand.
- Jeter, Trout lead AL over NL 5-3 in All-Star game Derek Jeter soaked in the adulation from fans and players during one more night on baseball's national stage, set the tone for the American League with a pregame speech and then delivered two final All-Star hits.
- Poe tandem rolls to second round victory The rust wasn't readily visible to the casual observer. Dennis Poe and Alex Poe, seeded No. 1 in the Father/Son Division, opened play in the Community Hospital Anderson Tennis Classic with a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Rob Crull and Bob Crull Tuesday night.
- Ken de la Bastide: Disappointing short track news abounds During the past two weeks, there has been disappointing news coming out of the local short track racing community.
- Mireles leaning toward joining Ravens The next big play record-setting running back Sammy Mireles makes could be at Anderson University.
- Pacers face new challenges in Central Division The road to another Eastern Conference final just got a whole lot tougher for the Indiana Pacers.
- Riverfield gets revenge in state final For some people the third time is a charm, but for Gene Richardson the seventh time was a charm. The Riverfield Senior Girls Softball coach had made six previous appearances in the state tournament before he broke through with a 9-5 victory over Osolo on Sunday night at Lions Park in Zionsville.
- Goetze scores late to give Germany the World Cup Mario Goetze produced the piece of individual skill that Lionel Messi couldn't muster. With two quick, deft touches, Goetze ended Germany's 24-year wait for another World Cup title — and denied Messi the one title he needs to forever take his place among the game's all-time greats.
- Atkinson wins Street Stock 75 New Castle’s Jason Atkinson appeared headed to a dominating win Saturday night at Anderson Speedway in the CRA Street Stock feature.
- More Sports Headlines
- Rick Bramwell: Do big city folks have a passion for hunting?