- Argylls look forward to fresh start The Madison-Grant baseball team will have a new manager at the helm this season as they look to improve upon a six-win 2013 campaign.
- George Bremer: Spring brings renewed hope Bobby Abreu laced a line drive single into right-center field Thursday night. Not really a noteworthy feat for a 17-year Major League Baseball veteran with 2,437 career hits. But the venue was unique — Cashman Field in Las Vegas, home of the Triple-A Las Vegas 51s.
- Lions looking for rapid rise A strong summer season, a healthy crop of returnees and the impending arrival of a solid freshman class have Mike Miller thinking about rapid improvement in his second year at the helm of Liberty Christian's baseball program.
- Daleville aims to continue rising The Daleville baseball team has been on a steady upward climb, and the state's coaches are beginning to take notice.
- Ravens sweep pair at DePauw GREENCASTLE — The Ravens won the first game 11-1 and the second contest 7-4 for their 14th straigtht victory. In the first game, Taylar Kelso led the Raven offense with two hits and three RBI and Sam Steele had three hits and two RBI. Blake Thomas had a home run and three RBI. Morgan Burke added two hits and two RBI and Yardley Collett chipped in with two hits.
- Kentucky over Wisconsin, to play for title No, this was not an instant replay, though it certainly is turning into a highlight loop that Aaron Harrison and his Kentucky teammates could get used to watching.
AU baseball sweeps HCAC doubleheader
The Anderson University baseball team swept conference rival Franklin College Saturday. The Ravens won the first game 3-2 and the second contest 12-11.
- Shackleford scores WOFS win Jess Shackleford took the lead on a restart with 28 laps remaining and survived four more restarts to win the inaugural Winged Outlaw Figure-8 Series race at Anderson Speedway on Saturday.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Already time to scrap baseball replay The new replay system being used by Major League Baseball is an abject failure and should be scrapped immediately. Is that too quick and too harsh an assessment of this high-tech boondoggle that has been in place for only a week? No and no.
- Jets see improvement as goal The Anderson Prep Academy Jets’ baseball program returns for its’ second year of play this season with a solid core of veteran leadership.
- More Sports Headlines