- Sports Columns
- Ken de la Bastide: Hunter-Reay's blunder proves costly A lack of patience cost Ryan Hunter-Reay and teammate James Hinchcliffe a chance at victory last weekend in the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Long Beach.
- Angie Colip: Bowling week filled with perfection Congratulations to Trent Jarvis for rolling two perfect games in eight days. Jarvis shot his 19th perfect game in the TNT league on March 31. He finished out his night with a 784 series.
- Pendleton Heights held Heritage Christian scoreless PENDLETON — With three losses in their first three games, the Pendleton Heights Arabians baseball team was ready for a break-out win. On Thursday, the Arabians jumped all over visiting Heritage Christian to take a 10-0, five inning win at Bill Stoudt Field.
Rick Bramwell: Morel season just around corner
Winter was long, spring has not sprung and I am thinking this will be one of the best morel seasons in a long time.
- Rick Teverbaugh: HB trying a different area approach All right, we're going to try this once again. Apparently our plan to have our area coaches use emails and faxes to get results to us wasn't exactly a smashing success.
- Ken de la Bastide: Chase Elliott making headlines This past weekend at Texas Motor Speedway the two NASCAR races were won by some of the younger drivers in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series.
- George Bremer: Spring brings renewed hope Bobby Abreu laced a line drive single into right-center field Thursday night. Not really a noteworthy feat for a 17-year Major League Baseball veteran with 2,437 career hits. But the venue was unique — Cashman Field in Las Vegas, home of the Triple-A Las Vegas 51s.
AU baseball sweeps HCAC doubleheader
The Anderson University baseball team swept conference rival Franklin College Saturday. The Ravens won the first game 3-2 and the second contest 12-11.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Already time to scrap baseball replay The new replay system being used by Major League Baseball is an abject failure and should be scrapped immediately. Is that too quick and too harsh an assessment of this high-tech boondoggle that has been in place for only a week? No and no.
- APA's Chapman signs with Ball State Anderson Preparatory Academy senior Layna Chapman has signed her commitment papers to join the Ball State Cardinals women’s intercollegiate bowling team this fall.
- More Sports Columns Headlines