- Sports Columns
- Home-court win in blowout fashion The Anderson Legends semi-pro basketball players have been classy assassins, and Sunday afternoon was no different as they shot through the Pittsburgh Bullets defense on the way to a 164-90 win at Anderson High School.
- Young Fetty notches first 700 series After reporting on so many tournaments and their results for the past few weeks, the timing couldn’t have been better for some very impressive scores to be shot this week.
Rick Teverbaugh: Baseball bug has hit early and hard
It seems nearly heresy to mention this as the boys basketball sectionals unfold, but the baseball bug has bitten me even harder than normal already this year.
- Kurt Busch to run Indy 500 It has been a good two weeks for the Indianapolis 500 with several announcements that should attract a lot of media and fan attention.
- George Bremer: Decker debate highlights Colts' challenge Few names cause as wide a division amongst Colts fans these days as Eric Decker. Never mind that the Denver Broncos wide receiver isn't on Indianapolis' roster and might never be added. He's scheduled to become a free agent March 11, and he's believed to have interest in continuing his career at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Anderson tournament results are in The Anderson USBC Open Tournament has wrapped up, and the results are in.
Rick Teverbaugh: Pacers closing in on final pieces to title run
The Indiana Pacers nearly have all of the pieces in place to secure the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Evan Turner’s performance against Los Angeles on Tuesday was enough to convince me he’s a better fit for what Indiana needs than Danny Granger.
- Wildcats spoil Arabians' senior night, 60-37 PENDLETON -- Lawrence North dominated the boards and used a 17-3 second quarter to spoil Pendleton Heights' senior night on Wednesday. The Wildcats topped the Arabians 60-37, ending the home team's regular season at 14-7. PH will play next Wednesday
Rick Bramwell: Ice fishing season could last longer than ever
Several years ago, Allen Muey was driving along I-69 when my cell phone rang. It was the fifth day of March. "You won't believe this, but I just passed two idiots ice fishing an interstate pond," he said. It turned out that those two late-season malcontents were Bob May and I.
- Ken de la Bastide: Indy 500 champ returning in 2014 With activity at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just a few months away, the IZOD IndyCar Series is getting a boost for the Indianapolis 500.
- More Sports Columns Headlines