- Sports Columns
- George Bremer: No easy answers for Colts The Indianapolis Colts are a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an early two-score deficit.
George Bremer: No easy answers for Colts
The Indianapolis Colts are a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an early two-score deficit.
- Rotary gives chance to reconnect Coming into Thanksgiving week I am reminded that it is a time for family and friends to come together, sometimes unexpectedly.
- Mike Lopresti: Time running out to impress computers The top three teams in the BCS standings — Alabama, Florida State and Ohio State — don't have byes this Saturday, but maybe the next best thing. In other words, home games with Chattanooga, Idaho and Indiana. Good appetite, guys. But then again, one wrong twitch can be fatal now, since we're slicing logarithms.
Angie Colip: Buckner perfect at Cooper's
As I said last week, perfection is coming in on a regular basis. Terry Buckner shot the fourth 300 game of the season on Wednesday night in the Industrial/Teachers league at Cooper’s Sport Bowl. Not only was it the fourth of the season but also the fourth 300 game of Buckner’s career.
- Basketball has started in earnest Now this is more like it. Two girls basketball games under my belt and two more scheduled before the weekend is over. By the time I take a day off on Sunday I will already have seen nearly half of our area's girls basketball teams play. Then the boys
Rick Bramwell: Deer hunting gun season opens
Opening day of the Indiana deer gun season has been a "No miss" for me since I was 16 years old. This year, I was excited to hunt a new woods in Henry County. My hunt almost got off to a very bad start. While leaving the truck, I checked the wind. It
- Ken de la Bastide: End of a NASCAR era Almost quietly over the weekend as the Sprint Cup season came to an end, three veteran drivers probably saw their storied careers come to a close. Mark Martin, Jeff Burton and Bobby Labonte may never strap themselves into the driver’s seat and don their safety helmets again.
- George Bremer: Best of times, worst of times It was a very different start to the work week Monday for two members of the Indianapolis Colts.
- Mike Lopresti: Put up or shut up time It's getting to be put up or shut up time in college football. Some teams are running out of space to win a championship, others running out of space to save a season. Both are represented in this week's Tense 10 — 10 games with something to be proven.
- More Sports Columns Headlines