- Sports Columns
- Rick Bramwell: Hunting still provides a great escape A police detective usually needs forensic evidence to piece together a case, but a wildlife sleuth only needs a good snow. Last week, I discovered a life had been taken. All the evidence was laid out before me.
- Smashmouth the way to get a title for Indiana Indiana Pacers fans are driving me crazy and it really bothers me even more because I am firmly a part of their ranks.
- Alexandria fares well at sectional The high school bowling sectional was as exciting as ever with surprises and nail biters. Congratulations to all of the teams and individuals on a great weekend.
Rick Bramwell: Cold weather brings back not fond memories
There is not much an outdoor person can do when the temperatures are south of zero and the wind chills are lower than Anchorage. It has given me time to reflect on another cold winter.
- Seahawks hard team to love For most Colts fans it is easy to figure out which team to root for in this Sunday's Super Bowl. Denver quarterback Peyton Manning is still well-loved in this area for both his accomplishments on the field and his generosity of spirit and time off it
Ken de la Bastide: Young stars rise to the top
For the past few years I have had the privilege of watching two up-and-coming stars in the super late model ranks who are going to make noise in NASCAR.
- George Bremer: Super Bowl offers great debate Over the course of 16 NFL seasons, Peyton Manning's legacy has begun to feel like a tangible being. The former Indianapolis Colts quarterback's place in league history will receive as much or more attention than any flesh-and-blood player this week as the countdown to Sunday's Super Bowl XLVIII continues in and around New York City.
Rick Teverbaugh: Bradshaw tears apart argument
It is really quite comical and sad at the same time to watch the football analysis that goes on at this time of year — especially on ESPN.
- Cold weather can't chill prep bowlers As the weather drops below freezing and the wind blows an arctic chill across the area, the lanes are heating up as the high school bowling regular season winds down and tournament time starts up.
- Rick Bramwell: Fishing remains unpredictable One good day of fishing never guarantees another. I was reminded of that when Bob May and I tried to fish a local lake Sunday morning.
- More Sports Columns Headlines