- Sports Columns
- AU begins its season with winning momentum The Anderson University baseball team defeated DePauw University 6-5 in eight innings and 5-3 on Saturday in the season opener at Grady's Field in Xenia, Ohio.
- Permission to play key for Liberty Sometimes the most effective advice a coach can give is the one that frees up players to just do what most of them having been doing their entire lives.
- Angie Colip: Hall of Fame nominations underway Nominations for both men and women are now being taken for the Hall of Fame.
- Rick Bramwell: Time to prepare fishing hole for spring Friday was my last day to ice fish, but something besides catching fish was on my plate. The ice would soon be gone, and it was time to plan for the future.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Lapel sectional game nearly a classic Other than the final verdict, the Frankton versus Wapahani boys sectional championship game at Lapel was the best game I've seen played in many years.
- Little 500 entries received With the temperatures in the 60s on Wednesday and activity starting at Anderson Speedway this weekend with an open practice session, the first entries for the Pay Less Little 500 have been received.
- George Bremer: Free agency season is upon us The Colts are about to lose cornerback Vontae Davis. Unless, of course, the sides are about to agree on a new deal. Depends on whom you're following on Twitter and when you last checked your timeline.
- Home-court win in blowout fashion The Anderson Legends semi-pro basketball players have been classy assassins, and Sunday afternoon was no different as they shot through the Pittsburgh Bullets defense on the way to a 164-90 win at Anderson High School.
- Young Fetty notches first 700 series After reporting on so many tournaments and their results for the past few weeks, the timing couldn’t have been better for some very impressive scores to be shot this week.
Rick Teverbaugh: Baseball bug has hit early and hard
It seems nearly heresy to mention this as the boys basketball sectionals unfold, but the baseball bug has bitten me even harder than normal already this year.
- More Sports Columns Headlines