- Sports Columns
- George Bremer: NFL title game could be truly Super Let's not allow Richard Sherman to hijack this Super Bowl. Instead, let's look at some of the other reasons Super Bowl XLVIII is shaping up as one of the most intriguing NFL championship games ever.
- Youth tournament results are in Lucky Strike and Norwood Bowl played host to this year’s County Youth Tournament recently and the results are in. There were four divisions this year based upon average and number of entries.
- Rick Bramwell: A bad pond turns good Necessity was the mother of invention when I did not have the right ingredients for a snowed-in pecan pie. It also served me well on a recent ice-fishing trip.
- George Bremer: Good, bad and ugly for Colts The Indianapolis Colts defeated three of the NFL's conference finalists this season. No other team can make that claim. Of course, the Colts also lost by scores of 38-8 to St. Louis and 40-11 to Arizona, a pair of teams who did not qualify for the postseason.
Rick Teverbaugh: Silly school rule hurts prep sports
Why do some school systems have a rule that if there is no school, there can be no games? That is purely wrong-headed thinking. Why are the two connected?
- Rick Bramwell: Blizzard, pie combine for invention I live way out in the country, and last Sunday's blizzard was of great concern to me. I had enough wild game and groceries to tough it out until I decided to bake a pecan pie. I quickly learned that necessity is the mother of invention.
Ken de la Bastide: Anderson Speedway announces 2014 schedule
With a foot of snow on the ground and sub-zero temperatures it’s a little hard to think about the racing season, but Daytona Speed weeks are a little over a month away.
- George Bremer: Fresh spin for reunion of familiar foes There's something very familiar about the Indianapolis Colts playing the New England Patriots in the postseason. Saturday's AFC divisional round contest will be the fourth playoff game between the two franchises and the third to be played in Foxborough, Mass. It also ensures the rivals will play one another for the 11th consecutive year, with another meeting already slated for the 2014 regular season. But there's a very different feeling this time around.|There's something very familiar about the Indianapolis Colts playing the New England Patriots in the postseason. Saturday's AFC divisional round contest will be the fourth playoff game between the two franchises and the third to be played in Foxborou
- Another classic matchup set So they meet again, Andrew Luck and Tom Brady. It's the same as last time, only different, without all the rookie-vs.-legend shadows.
- Miller had outstanding career Alexandria product Lauren Miller certainly made the right decision when she selected Franklin Pierce University for her collegiate volleyball home. Miller had an excellent ride for the Ravens during her tenure, both in terms of team accomplishments a
- More Sports Columns Headlines