- Sports Columns
- George Bremer: Super Bowl offers great debate Over the course of 16 NFL seasons, Peyton Manning's legacy has begun to feel like a tangible being. The former Indianapolis Colts quarterback's place in league history will receive as much or more attention than any flesh-and-blood player this week as the countdown to Sunday's Super Bowl XLVIII continues in and around New York City.
Rick Teverbaugh: Bradshaw tears apart argument
It is really quite comical and sad at the same time to watch the football analysis that goes on at this time of year — especially on ESPN.
- Cold weather can't chill prep bowlers As the weather drops below freezing and the wind blows an arctic chill across the area, the lanes are heating up as the high school bowling regular season winds down and tournament time starts up.
- Rick Bramwell: Fishing remains unpredictable One good day of fishing never guarantees another. I was reminded of that when Bob May and I tried to fish a local lake Sunday morning.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Changes afoot in pro sports Nothing is more constant these days than changes in professional sports and apparently that will also be true these next several months in baseball, football and auto racing.
- Ken de la Bastide: NASCAR Chase proposal a bad idea I have never been a fan of the “Chase for the Championship” implemented by NASCAR for the Sprint Cup teams. I’m even more disappointed with proposed changes in the format.
- George Bremer: NFL title game could be truly Super Let's not allow Richard Sherman to hijack this Super Bowl. Instead, let's look at some of the other reasons Super Bowl XLVIII is shaping up as one of the most intriguing NFL championship games ever.
- Youth tournament results are in Lucky Strike and Norwood Bowl played host to this year’s County Youth Tournament recently and the results are in. There were four divisions this year based upon average and number of entries.
- Rick Bramwell: A bad pond turns good Necessity was the mother of invention when I did not have the right ingredients for a snowed-in pecan pie. It also served me well on a recent ice-fishing trip.
- George Bremer: Good, bad and ugly for Colts The Indianapolis Colts defeated three of the NFL's conference finalists this season. No other team can make that claim. Of course, the Colts also lost by scores of 38-8 to St. Louis and 40-11 to Arizona, a pair of teams who did not qualify for the postseason.
- More Sports Columns Headlines