INDIANAPOLIS — A former Indianapolis prosecutor who had been the subject of a federal investigation into whether he took bribes while in office says he's been vindicated by the U.S. attorney's announcement that he won't face charges.
Carl Brizzi issued a statement Tuesday saying "the truth has prevailed" and thanked his family and friends for their support during the investigation.
U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett confirmed Tuesday that Brizzi had been the focus of a federal investigation. Two of his associates were charged, but Hogsett said neither of those cases yielded proof that Brizzi took bribes during his two terms as Marion County's prosecutor.
Hogsett says he's sending results of the investigation to the state panel that oversees attorney discipline for review.