- State News
Cancer rates in Blackford County raise alarm
Four natives of Hartford City want to know why Blackford County has so many residents dying of cancer.
- Maureen Hayden: Zoeller relishes role as state's defender Supporters of same-sex marriage hailed Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring when he announced that he wouldn’t defend his state’s prohibition against gay marriage. Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller calls Herring’s decision a “dereliction of duty.”
- 2 siblings die from fire injuries in Indianapolis; 6 total Two young children died Sunday from injuries they sustained in a house fire that killed two of their siblings and their parents, an Indianapolis Fire Department spokeswoman said.
After short break, winter returns to central US
After a brief respite of sunshine, winter returned to much of the nation's midsection on Thursday, bringing a chilly mix of rain, sleet and snow, and at least one tornado.
- Bill to help more elderly stay at home stalls Legislation to reduce the waiting list for a popular program that provides in-home care for the elderly may be stalled.
- Officials seek $3.4M seized from Mexican restaurants in Indiana Prosecutors are seeking to keep more than $3.4 million seized last fall during police raids at about two dozen Mexican restaurants across Indiana.
- Snow blamed for roof collapse at Fort Wayne mall Officials are blaming the weight of snow for causing a corridor roof to collapse at a Fort Wayne shopping mall.
Judges hear arguments on Evansville cross display
Federal appellate judges balanced on a constitutional knife edge Tuesday as they heard an argument over a church's plan to display dozens of 6-foot tall crosses on public land along Evansville's riverfront
Falling metal forces Indiana to postpone Iowa game
The roof literally caved in on Indiana.
Bill advances to legalize pot's innocent cousin: hemp
Last month, Gregg Baumbaugh testified in favor of legislation that could open the door in Indiana to the farming and production of pot’s less potent cousin: hemp, a multipurpose crop that can be used in the production of textiles, foods, plastics, building materials and medicines.
- More State News Headlines
- Cancer rates in Blackford County raise alarm