As featured on
COVID-19 concerns and a winter storm couldn’t stop Carla Schmid from her story about fighting for special education services for her son, who was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder at the age of 2.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Adopted twins find one another only seven blocks away
- New life coming to former Heckaman Buick property
- Kelly Hawes column: Don’t let anyone convince you this is normal
- Day care closes after owner's brother charged with child molest
- Anderson man charged with two counts of child molesting
- Prosecutor seeking funds to pay salaries
- Former State Auditor Otis Cox dies
- Anderson's concert series returns this summer
- Appeals court affirm conviction, sentencing of Harlan Haines' mother
- Anderson man living at day care center charged with molest