While most travelers visit the world-famous theme parks in central Florida, there are plenty of other options for those who are looking for something out of the ordinary. Here are a few suggestions while you’re in Kissimmee:
• The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek, www.paddlingcenter.com — Unleash your inner adventurer on a kayak tour in the headwaters of the Everglades and see unforgettable sights and wildlife, including alligators.
• Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures, www.bcairboats.com — Take a fast-paced trip hovering above the waters of the Florida Everglades. I lost count of the number of alligators we saw; one was close to 14 feet long!
• Historic Downtown Kissimmee, www.kissimmeemainstreet.org — Take a stroll along the newly revitalized lakefront in downtown while exploring antique shops and unique restaurants.
• Celebration Bike Rental and Tours, www.bookabiketour.com — Bike around the idyllic community of Celebration, known as “The Town that Disney Built.”
• Silver Spurs Rodeo, www.silverspursrodeo.com — Nicknamed “Kowtown” because of its rich cowboy heritage, Kissimmee is home to the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi.