Donald H. Koeppen
Nov. 23, 1925 - June 16, 2006
MUNCIE — Donald H. Koeppen, 80, went to be with his Lord on June 16, 2006.
He was born Nov. 23, 1925, in Flint Mich., the son of John L. and Elannore (Frisch) Koeppen.
He attended Concordia Lutheran Seminary through high school and two years of college. He decided not to become a minister and enrolled in General Motors Institute, graduating as a master mechanic.
He worked at Chevrolet in Flint, Mich., until the Vietnam War; then was transferred to the St. Louis, Missouri, Army Ammunition Plant, where he worked for four years. He was then transferred to Muncie, where he spent the balance of his career. After retiring from Chevrolet, he did consulting work for several companies.
Don loved to golf and repair clocks. He sang in the church choir and was a member of a “barbershop group.”
He leaves to mourn, his loving wife, Arlene Koeppen of Muncie; a son and daughter-in-law, Douglas and Cathy Koeppen; daughters, Sandra and her husband, Douglas and Patt; five grandchildren, Barry, Angela, Jonathan, Michael and Daniel; a great-grandson, Douglas; step-grandchildren, Christy, Sherry, Matt and his wife, Jessica; and five step-great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Christ Lutheran Church, 716 Rainbow Blvd., Anderson. (Ind. 32 west to Scatterfield Road — Anderson by-pass 109, right approximately two miles. Church is on the left.)
There will be no visitation.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Christ Lutheran Church, the Alzheimer’s Foundation or to the charity of your choice.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Garden View Funeral Home, Muncie.
Donald H. Koeppen
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Police: Elwood father shook his baby, pushed on leg and it 'popped'
- 'I know my mom would be proud of me': Anderson native misses cut at Miss USA finals
- Motorcycle club carries on tradition of supplying area children with Christmas gifts
- Missing Anderson woman considered at risk by San Diego police
- Anderson man charged with causing death in crash
- Frawley sentenced to 60 years on murder charge
- Piece of England brings touch of red to Anderson
- 'A forever home': Couple adopt 10-year-old boy from Madison County
- Anderson man turns self in; faces child molesting charge
- Sterling sentenced to 65 years for murder of a fellow inmate