Marshall County Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Nelson Chipman, at podium, speaks to the media at a Press conference update on 11 month old Mercedes Lain search.
As featured on
PLYMOUTH — The search for a missing Marshall County baby has ended tragically with investigators confirming she had died during the ordeal – and the man who last had the girl in his custody now faces a felony criminal charge in the case.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Adult mother, daughter arrested; DCS takes 11-month-old child
- Delaware County woman killed in I-69 accident
- Good's Candy Shop sold to Missouri company
- Man remains in critical condition following fatal car accident
- Funeral director accused of being 'unfit to practice'
- Last person charged in 2018 double homicide pleads guilty
- Jail Log: Sept. 15
- Substitute teacher found not guilty of molestation
- Mother guilty of neglect resulting in death
- Police: Man accused of breaking into home to attack family with a hammer