Lelia V. Cain
Oct. 11, 1915 - May 5, 2006
Lelia Viola (Scott) Cain, 90, of Anderson, passed away May 5, 2006, at Middletown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, following an extended illness.
She was born Oct. 11, 1915, in Hope, Ind., the daughter of Edward and Louise (Sowers) Scott, and was an Anderson resident for most of her life.
At one time, she was employed at Delco-Remy Div. of General Motors in Anderson.
She was a member of the Eagles Auxiliary.
Survivors include her sons, Richard L. “Dick” Cain and Harold E. “Bud” Cain and wife, Pepi, all of Anderson, and William E. “Pete” Cain and wife Toni of Middletown; grandchildren, Darlene and husband Brent Clevenger of Anderson, Macarena and husband Mike Patterson of Middletown, Anthony and wife Breanne Cain of Anderson, Robert “Bobby” and wife Stacey Cain of Michigan, Brian and wife Michelle Cain of Carmel and Jennifer and husband Chuck Hawkins of Anderson; great-grandchildren, Nicholas and Danielle Clevenger, Montana and Matthew “Lee” Patterson, Jake Cain, Nathan “Nate” Cain and Hannah Cain; nieces, Jean Ann Beckelhamier and Betty and Husband Robert Martin of Linton, Ind.
Lelia was preceded in death by her husband, Harold Lee Cain, who died Sept. 28, 1971; a daughter, Judith Cain; three sisters, Edith, Bea and Josephine; and a daughter-in-law, Vikki Cain.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brown-Butz-Diedring Funeral Home, 515 E. 53rd St., Anderson, officiated by Pastor Paul Trent. Burial will take place at Anderson Memorial Park Cemetery.
Visitation 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Middletown Nursing Home’s Activity Fund.
Lelia V. Cain
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Pregnant woman charged with five counts of child neglect
- UPDATE: Child dies after being struck by vehicle in Anderson
- Police: Anderson woman's alcohol level higher than 0.2 after hitting motorcycle
- Missing Anderson man has been located
- Police searching for Tennessee man who went missing in Anderson
- Motorcyclist, passenger seriously injured in crash
- Child hit, killed by vehicle identified; no charges against driver
- Man in critical condition after motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: Neighbor heard multiple gunshots in early morning shooting
- Elwood man dies after jumping into White River