Howard M. Lewis
March 4, 1926 - Jan. 20, 2006
FAIRMOUNT — Howard M. Lewis, 79, Fairmount, died Jan. 20, 2006, at Colonial Oaks Healthcare Center in Marion.
He was a cadet in the Navy Air Corps training to be a pilot. He worked 32 years at Owens Illinois in maintenance working his way up to assistant plant manager of engineering.
Survivors include his wife of 59 years, Ruth (Mittank) Lewis; three sons, Ralph James (Salome) Lewis of Anderson, and John W. (Maxine) Lewis and David (Lucinda) Lewis; five grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Services will be conducted at 10 a.m. Monday at Armes-Hunt Funeral Home, 415 S. Main St., Fairmount. Burial will be in Park Cemetery, Fairmount, with Jackie Michaelson officiating.
Visitation will be 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made the Fairmount Friends Meeting Scholarship Fund, 123 N. Mill St., Fairmount, IN 46928.
Howard M. Lewis
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Husband of missing Alexandria native charged with murder
- Kelly Hawes column: Sorting the crazies from the experts
- Former Alexandria special education teacher charged with child molestation
- Man wanted in Lapel stabbing turns himself in to authorities
- Update: Husband charged with murder in disappearance of Suzanne Morphew in Colorado
- Bicyclist hit by train
- Police seek identity of pedestrian hit by car
- Frankton man injured in car accident
- Police investigate gunfire near Raible Avenue
- Colorado man suspected in wife's death appears in court