Lillie M. Common
Dec. 27, 1923 - June 30, 2006
Lillie Mae (Lewis) Abbott Common, 82, Anderson, went home to be with the Lord on June 30, 2006, from I.U. Medical Center in Indianapolis.
She was born Dec. 27, 1923, in Marks, Miss., to Rev. Robert Lewis and Beatrice (Mosley) Lewis Adams.
She was a member of Bethesda Temple Church.
Survivors include sons, Clondike and wife Yuuana Abbott of Florida, Lonnie Abbott of Mississippi, Cornelius Common of Anderson, George Common of Marion, Gable and wife Rose Common of Anderson and Otha Common of Oregon; daughters, Lottie (Abbott) and husband James Ranch of Texas, Mary (Abbott) and husband Walter of Wisconsin, Sadie (Common) and husband Robert Harris of Chicago, Lillie (Common) Lofton of Wisconsin, Debra (Common) Brooks of Anderson and Emma (Common) and husband Theophilus Gentle of Wisconsin; brothers, Alex Lewis of Memphis, Tenn., Paul Lewis of St. Louis, Mo., Charles and wife Verna Kent of Kansas City, Mo., John Adams of Chicago, Ill., James Jordan of Anderson, Ronald Jordan of Muncie and Jessie Jordan of Michigan; sisters, Corra Kent Stanley of Detroit, Mich., Flora Kent Owens of California, Jonnie Mae Adams Money of Chicago, Kelly Ophelia of Michigan, Cade Betty Mae Jordan Chamberlain of Muncie, Annie Lewis Goolsby, Ora Lewis, Nancy Jordan Howard, Mary Jane Tolbert, Marilyn Fuller and Dorothy Kelly, all of Anderson; 35 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren, many nieces, nephews and cousins; and special friends, Jerry Graves, Susan Clay, Pat Nave, Jennifer Turner, Ethel Dickerson and Joy and Danita.
Lillie Mae was preceded in death by a son, nine brothers and sisters; three granddaughters; and a grandson.
Services 11 a.m. Wednesday at Brown-Butz-Diedring Funeral Home, 515 E. 53rd St., Anderson, officated by Bishop Robert White. Burial at Pleasant Walk Cemetery, Anderson.
Visitation 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Lillie M. Common
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Two killed, two others seriously hurt in crash near Perkinsville
- Homeless encampments along White River baffle advocates for the residents, nature
- Chesterfield man dies of injuries 2 weeks after motorcycle crash
- Anderson woman dies from injuries after being struck by car
- Homeowner has until Oct. 25 to clean up Anderson property
- Interstate Warehousing planning $30 million investment in Anderson
- UPDATE: Missing Merrillville infant returned safely to an Illinois police department
- Study recommends Madison County build 450-bed jail
- Lawsuits: Inmates forced into cells flooded with sewage, smeared with feces
- Anderson man pleads guilty to four felony counts involving child solicitation