Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of UK, Tests Positive for Coronavirus. The 55-year-old leader of Britain made the announcement via Twitter on Friday. Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus. Together we will beat this, Boris Johnson, Twitter. He is the first Western leader to confirm that he has contracted the virus. In a video message, Johnson reiterated that he will not turn his duties over to someone else. Be in no doubt that I can continue, thanks to the wizardry of modern technology, to communicate with all my top team to lead the national fightback against coronavirus, Boris Johnson, Twitter. After pushing back against dramatic measures to curb the spread of virus in the U.K., Johnson imposed a lockdown for the nation earlier this week. Heir to the British throne, Prince Charles, also revealed this week that he has contracted the coronavirus. Queen Elizabeth II, 93, is said to be in good health
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Coroner ID's 30-year-old man killed in Anderson motorcycle crash
- Local official: Decline in coronavirus cases 'incredible'
- APD investigating fatal motorcycle accident
- Correctional officer charged with child solicitation
- Alexandria native goes missing in Colorado
- Madison County 4-H Fair canceled
- County reports 6 new positive coronavirus cases
- Jail Log: May 23
- Madison County reports no new COVID-19 deaths, cases
- Former APD chief suspended for insubordination