A Madison County road crew puts down two layers of chip seal on County Road 400S on Tuesday afternoon. The county is chip sealing 80 miles of roads this year.
As featured on
Depending on the weather for the next few months, Madison County is hoping to repave and repair up to 97 miles of roads, about a tenth of the approximately 960 miles of road that the county is responsible for maintaining.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Two former correctional officers receive prison terms for assault of inmate
- Woman killed in car-motorcycle crash near Lapel identified
- ACS reports first COVID-19 case as schools reopen
- Former Alexandria resident charged with 4 counts of child molesting
- Kelly Hawes column: Scaring up concern about voter fraud
- Anderson man charged with two counts of child molesting
- Alexandria mother sentenced to 5 years for neglect of a dependent
- Sheriff probing double-fatality crash during Elwood police chase
- UPDATE: ACS staffer, third Elwood student test positive for COVID-19
- County threatened with repossession of highway department trucks