Deal Is Struck on $2 Trillion Coronavirus Stimulus Bill. Members of both sides of the aisle of the U.S. Senate announced a deal with the White House in the early morning hours on Wednesday. At last, we have a deal. After days of intense discussions, the Senate has reached a bipartisan agreement on a historic relief package for this pandemic, Mitch McConnell, Senator, via 'USA Today'. After sleep-deprived nights and marathon negotiating sessions, we have a bipartisan agreement on the largest rescue package in American history, Chuck Schumer, Senator, via 'USA Today'. Key features of what is being described as a "war-time level of investment" of the bill include:. one-time payments of $1,200 for every adult and $500 for every child. $367 billion to assist small businesses. $500 billion towards loans to assist major industries. $100 billion geared towards the healthcare system, including hospitals. an additional $50 billion geared towards medical and testing equipment, hospital construction, coronavirus research and training. and an additional $600 a week in unemployment benefits for those who have lost jobs. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stated "we're going to pass this legislation later today.". The Senate is scheduled to convene at 12 p.m. E.S.T
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- New guidelines for Indiana businesses to be enforced under executive order
- 'Brutal toll': State attributes deaths of 11 Bethany Pointe residents to COVID-19
- Health commissioner: 4 deaths at second long-term care facility in Madison County
- Health officials: COVID-19 widespread in Madison County
- Families say they weren't notified of COVID-19 outbreak at Bethany Pointe
- Elwood man accused of attempted murder
- Madison County girl, 7, abducted by mother found by police in Pennsylvania
- Shelters adjusting to new reality
- Preparing for the surge
- Couple accused of kidnapping 7-year-old both had felony records