How to Help Food Banks in Need , During the Coronavirus Crisis. Food banks all over the U.S. are strained due to the coronavirus pandemic. There are several ways to help these organizations, even during a lockdown. Many have resource pages on their websites devoted to COVID-19 guidance. Food banks currently need money donations more than food donations. But non-perishable food donations are still gladly accepted. In addition, food banks are encouraging younger people to volunteer so that older volunteers can remain safe. Information about local food banks can be accessed online by entering a zip code into the Feeding America database
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson man dies of gunshot wounds
- LIVE UPDATES: Protesters march through downtown Anderson
- Anderson officials: Protest violence flared after midnight
- APD investigates shooting that left man in critical condition
- 'A really good man': Family grieves man's death in tree trimming accident
- Missing woman's hometown shows support
- More than 100 people protest police brutality across America in Anderson
- Two men charged in elaborate scam to fleece families of $28,000
- Inmate severs finger, sends it to THB with complaints about Madison County jail
- APD investigates reported self-inflicted stabbing