How to Help the Animals Affected by Australia’s Wildfires. Australia has been dealing with some of the continent’s worst wildfires since September. The fires have already wiped out 30% of the koala population and are expected to worsen as temperatures rise. Here are a few ways to help the animals fleeing the fires. Donate to WIRES, New South Wales Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc. is actively seeking donations. Leave water out, If you’re in the area, leaving shallow bowls of water out for fleeing animals and birds helps. Contribute to the World Wildlife Fund, The WWF is preparing to restore homes and care for affected wildlife. Get involved with a GoFundMe for koalas, A campaign was started to aid the efforts of the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital in rehydrating the koalas and treating their burns
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Mother charged with murder of 11-month-old daughter said she tried to warm her up in bath before taking her to hospital
- 19-year-old accused of stabbing sister with scissors
- Madison County dealing with nonessential business openings; fines could follow warnings
- Message from China: Stay home
- Second coronavirus case in Madison County
- Frankton man first from Madison County to die of COVID-19
- Second person tests positive for COVID-19 in Madison County
- Authorities charge second person with murder in death of 11-month-old girl
- Local distillery brews up hand sanitizer and gives it away to community during shortage
- Madison County inmate tested for COVID-19