How to Properly Wear a Face Mask. The CDC now advises everyone to wear a face mask in public to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Face masks should fit snugly on the face, secured by ear loops or ties. They should allow for unrestricted breathing. Cloth face masks should be able to be machine washed without damage. People with glasses may have an issue with masks fogging up their eyewear. To solve this, simply place a folded tissue inside the top of your mask. At this time, the CDC is recommending washable cloth masks, as medical-grade masks are in short supply
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson man dies of gunshot wounds
- Anderson officials: Protest violence flared after midnight
- 'A really good man': Family grieves man's death in tree trimming accident
- More than 100 people protest police brutality across America in Anderson
- Two men charged in elaborate scam to fleece families of $28,000
- Inmate severs finger, sends it to THB with complaints about Madison County jail
- LIVE UPDATES: Protesters march through downtown Anderson
- APD investigates shooting that left man in critical condition
- Missing woman's hometown shows support
- APD investigates reported self-inflicted stabbing