Netflix Reveals New Parental Control Options. A new search filter lets you remove certain content if the rating is too extreme. If you only want your kids to see PG-rated films, the feature allows you to do so. The option applies to both movies and TV shows on the platform. Other new features include an autoplay disabling option and viewing history on kids' accounts. Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families, Netflix's Michelle Parsons, via blog post. According to the company's animation chief, Melissa Cobb. children and family-based content is viewed by about 60 percent of Netflix subscribers
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson man dies of gunshot wounds
- LIVE UPDATES: Protesters march through downtown Anderson
- Anderson officials: Protest violence flared after midnight
- APD investigates shooting that left man in critical condition
- Missing woman's hometown shows support
- More than 100 people protest police brutality across America in Anderson
- 'A really good man': Family grieves man's death in tree trimming accident
- Two men charged in elaborate scam to fleece families of $28,000
- Inmate severs finger, sends it to THB with complaints about Madison County jail
- APD investigates reported self-inflicted stabbing