The mother of an Elwood toddler who died earlier this year has a tentative trial date set for next April.
Two Madison County School districts have reported additional instances of positive test results for COVID-19.
An Anderson man who has already served prison time in Indiana and Tennessee for sexual exploitation of a minor and child pornography convictions is facing new child molesting charges.
The Indiana State Board of Funeral and Cemetery Service board decided not to dismiss a complaint filed against Elwood funeral home director Ned Dunnichay.
The Anderson Community Schools board has canceled a hearing for next Tuesday on a controversial contract offered to interim Superintendent Joe Cronk, making his position permanent.
The investigation into a single-car crash that killed two men during a high-speed police chase near Elwood Friday night is ongoing.
Over the last several months as the COVID-19 virus has spread, many people have experienced fear, stress and worry. There have been significant changes to people’s lives, including isolation and the lack of physical contact, unemployment, and the fear of getting the disease.
Elwood Community Schools officials notified parents by email Wednesday that a second student at Elwood Jr.-Sr. High School has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Walking down the hallway past the pool Wednesday at Anderson High School, Principal Kelly Durr saw a white board with a schedule of events, the last being dated March 13.
A Daleville man was seriously injured Tuesday after being thrown from a boat on Wildcat Reservoir in Howard County, according to the Department of Natural Resources.
A resolution adopted by the Madison County Council has informed all county elected officials and department heads to comply with state law when it comes to spending.
An initiative designed to connect local farmers and their products with consumers recently marked its fifth anniversary, and plans remain in place for it to expand.
Two former correctional officers at the Pendleton Correctional Facility have been sentenced to prison terms for the assault of an inmate.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Two former correctional officers receive prison terms for assault of inmate
- Alexandria racial justice march greeted by counter-protesters
- ACS reports first COVID-19 case as schools reopen
- Anderson police officer charged with DWI, suspended with pay
- Victims in crash during police chase identified
- 2 seriously injured in pickup collision between Elwood, Frankton
- Complainant in chokehold arrest charged with leaving accident scene
- DNR: Body of Anderson man recovered after falling from boat in Henry County reservoir
- Sheriff probing double-fatality crash during Elwood police chase
- Anderson man charged with two counts of child molesting