There are many parts of Anderson and Madison County that are considered to be food deserts – places where residents don’t have access to fresh produce.
Bringing a new grocery store to the city's west side requires the convergence of several factors, including housing density within a five-mile radius of Edgewood Plaza, the desirable socio-economics of the residents and the business goals of existing grocers or co-op operators, city officials said.
A two-vehicle accident on Indiana 128 sent three people to a hospital Thursday evening. One of them, a 22-year-old Martinsville woman, was transferred to an Indianapolis hospital.
Nearly 100 years ago, the hallways of the Statehouse erupted with cheers, music and waltzing when the General Assembly voted to give Hoosier women the right to vote.
A decades-long debate over the role of gay and lesbian clergy in its ranks and the question of whether to sanction same-sex marriage appears destined to split the United Methodist Church into two distinct denominations.
If the developers of the proposed Lone Oak Solar Energy facility want a tax abatement for the project they will have to start from square one.
A Madison Circuit Court Division 6 jury is expected to begin deliberations Thursday in the trial of an Anderson man charged with rape and attempted rape stemming from a 2017 incident. Testimony began Tuesday.
The 911 system has been restored in Madison County, according to a text message distributed by the Madison County Emergency Management Agency on Wednesday evening.
This Week's Circulars
- Police: Anderson man stabbed 13 times in fight at birthday party
- Vote for all your favorites for Best of Madison County
- Anderson to get first 'baby box'
- Jury finds Anderson man not guilty of all charges
- New addiction treatment offering hope in fight against meth
- Update: Indiana 128 accident sends 3 people to hospital
- Four firefighters receive promotions with AFD
- Woman charged in heroin death
- Anderson man charged with attempted murder
- Nominate all your favorites for Best of Madison County