ANDERSON — A judge is expected to sentence a former children’s home employee Monday after she pleaded guilty to having sex with a female teen runaway from the facility.

According to an agreement with prosecutors, any prison time Madison Superior Court 1 Judge Dennis Carroll sentences Stephanie M. Rogers to will be capped at seven years.

Rogers, 36, pleaded guilty in October to a single count of sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class B felony punishable by a six- to 20-year sentence, for having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl during a span of several days in January.

Deputy Prosecutor Rudolph Pyle III said he will argue for a 15-year sentence, with seven years in prison and the remainder suspended and on probation. Pyle said the teen victim and her mother have been notified of the hearing, but said he didn’t know if they will testify at the sentencing.

“Whether or not they will show up, I don’t know,” the deputy prosecutor said. “I doubt the actual young woman will show up, but her mother may.

“It will be a pretty straight-forward sentencing hearing.”

The Herald Bulletin doesn’t generally identify victims of sex crimes.

Rogers’ attorney, John Reeder of Anderson, did not return a message for this story. Rogers could not be reached.

According to a probable cause affidavit:

Rogers was an employee at Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home in Lebanon when she first met the girl. The teen was living there because she could not get along with her mother.

Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home is a facility for youth with emotional and behavioral problems. Rogers’ job at the home wasn’t listed in the court papers, but Pyle previously said she was in a position of authority. She was fired when the allegations surfaced.

Rogers gave the girl a ride to her Anderson home when the teen ran away on Jan. 6. The girl’s mother contacted police and told them the girl spent a great deal of time on the Internet before moving into the children’s home. The investigation eventually led them to Rogers because Rogers and the teen communicated several times through postings on MySpace.

Rogers initially denied helping the girl run away, but ultimately admitted to helping her and then letting her stay at her residence for several days. She denied having a sexual relationship with the teen, but the girl said they had sex several times at Rogers’ home. Anderson police found the girl at Rogers’ home on Jan. 10.

Trending Video