As featured on
On a day when America marked the ascension of an African American woman to the nation’s second highest elected office, the local Black community also mourned the passing of a woman hailed as “a driving force for change for the African American community and civil rights.”
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson woman charged with trafficking with an inmate
- Public defender Alexander Newman arrested in Hamilton County
- Anderson man living at day care center charged with molest
- Best of Madison County 2021: Winners & finalists
- Kelly Hawes column: Don’t let anyone convince you this is normal
- Anderson police to provide security for county's new vaccine site
- Many recall working at GM fondly; Black employees had different experience
- State investigating Anderson day care
- Indy man rearrested on charges of child molest, incest
- Formal charges filed against attorney Alexander Newman