Oringia E. Phipps
April 5, 1926 - Jan. 25, 2006
YORKTOWN — Oringia E. (Dobbs) Phipps, 79, passed away Jan. 25, 2006, at the Waters of Yorktown.
She was born April 5, 1926, in Monticello, Ky., the daughter of Henry and Ollie Kidd Dobbs.
She was a homemaker and a member of the Anderson Assembly.
Surviving are her husband, Lomoan Phipps; five children, Ralph Phipps of Muncie, Sue (husband, David) Rodgers of Muncie, Betty (husband, John) Garrett of Yorktown, Junior Phipps of Muncie, and Jerrie Heffernan of Markleville; two brothers, Bravel Dobbs and Estle (wife, Margie) Dobbs, all of Monticello, Ky.; her sister, Clora Enoches of Muncie; 10 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; four children; three brothers; and two sisters.
Services will be 1 p.m. Monday at Parson Mortuary, Muncie. Burial will be in Elm Ridge Cemetery in Muncie.
Visitation will be 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday or one hour before service Monday at the funeral home.
Oringia E. Phipps
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Man pulled by passerby from flaming car is former Lapel football star
- New life coming to former Heckaman Buick property
- Adopted twins find one another only seven blocks away
- Appeals court affirm conviction, sentencing of Harlan Haines' mother
- Day care closes after owner's brother charged with child molest
- Kelly Hawes column: Don’t let anyone convince you this is normal
- Anderson man charged with two counts of child molesting
- Prosecutor seeking funds to pay salaries
- Anderson man living at day care center charged with molest
- Special judge named in Sumner case