Richard “Mike” Holbrook was born on Veterans Day, November 11, 1946. He was fourth of the seven children of Paul T “Pete” and Sally Robbins Holbrook.
Before dawn broke last month at the Purdue University Airport, the group of military veterans who had gathered inside one of the facility’s hangars was already buzzing with excitement.
A new page in American history began Aug. 13, 1918, when Opha May Johnson became the first female to join the Marine Corps. More than 100 years later, an Air Reserve Base near her Kokomo hometown honored the legacy of female Marines Johnson began.
The VA’s Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers is expanding to include eligible Veterans and family caregivers of all eras.
SOUTH BEND — The True Top 1% Project is hosting its first military exhibition aimed at celebrating the military and bringing awareness to veteran mental health.
Support local journalism
Local news, sports and entertainment when you want it.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the best local news, sports and entertainment coverage.
Join host Emma Keith in exploring the criminal justice system that convicted and sentenced Rebecca Hogue, a Norman, Oklahoma mother found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her son.
- Anderson's iconic Toast Cafe is closed until further notice
- Anderson a likely site for alien abduction, study says
- IU Notebook: Hood-Schifino decision pays off for Woodson, Indiana
- Burglar may be able to work off some of his sentence through addiction program
- Firearms suspect previously convicted in overdose death case
- Area softball season set to begin
- Pendleton man convicted of child molest
- Anderson native Emmaline in film about first black player to sign with NBA
- Good Morning: AU professor’s ballet technique earns first
- Jail Log: March 18
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.