Students entering grades 4-7 and attending school in Anderson are eligible for the Anderson Is ... sesquicentennial essay contest. Three winners and other essays will be selected for publication Aug. 19 in a special section of The Herald Bulletin, which will be included in a time capsule to be sealed as part of Anderson's 150-year birthday celebration in August.
A committee comprised of Herald Bulletin employees will judge the essays and consider the following: quality of writing, penmanship/typing and artwork; originality; organization; spelling and grammar; and creative use of the Anderson Is ... theme.
1. Essays must be 100-200 words.
2. In the essay, explain what Anderson means to you and why you love the community. Tell your personal story about what makes Anderson special.
3. All required fields of the entry form below must be completed.
4. A JPG photo of the student must be attached to the entry.
5. Colored pictures or other illustrations may also be attached and are encouraged.
6. Entry deadline: June 30
7. Herald Bulletin employees and their relatives are not eligible.
Direct questions to editor Scott Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 640-4845.