A look at Tuesday's area high school schedule and upcoming college and pro games of local interest.
Let's talk Colts! Horseshoes & Hand Grenades is a weekly podcast by CNHI Sports Indiana Colts beat writer George Bremer. New season begins the night before the draft!
Last week represented a pendulum of emotions for the Indiana men’s basketball team. There was the high of knocking off No. 17 Florida State at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, followed by the low of losing by 20 points at Wisconsin in the Big Ten opener.
At times, the sparsely populated bleachers at the Lapel High School gymnasium reflected just how unwatchable Monday's Lapel girls basketball game against Sheridan really was as both squads seemed to be in competition to see who could commit the most turnovers.
The closer than expected contest between Ohio State and Wisconsin in the Big Ten football championship game didn’t benefit the Buckeyes in the College Football Playoff.
It wasn’t a matter of where Notre Dame would play its bowl game this year but against whom. With four Big 12 teams eligible to face the Fighting Irish, it was uncertain which one would be selected to face Notre Dame in the Camping World Bowl.
Indiana coach Archie Miller said rebounding was going to have to travel with the Hoosiers if they were to pick up their first road win of the season.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson man accused of kicking down ex-girlfriend's door, holding gun to her head
- Anderson High School on lockdown
- Nestle investing $200 million in Anderson facilities
- Local boxer Jimmie Morgan remembered for his determination
- Police: Elwood man threatens to kill officers after arrest in domestic battery
- Man told police he tossed two bikes onto interstate hoping to kill people
- Former DCS caseworker turns himself in at Madison County jail
- Maleah Stringer column: Vick deserving of forgiveness but not honor
- Anderson man accused of robbing man with fake gun
- DCS caseworker charged with neglect of child under his supervision