Anderson University’s homecoming was filled with excitement and lots of action for its athletic teams.
Anderson University's football team lost to Rose-Hulman 45-0 Saturday in its homecoming game. The team struggled from the start, falling behind 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and trailed 42-0 at halftime.
After years of dormancy, Anderson University is looking not only to become relevant in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference football, but to be a force.
Most football players spend the offseason lifting weights and conditioning. But Johnell Wortham had been spending his time off working the graveyard shift in a Walmart freezer just to make ends meet.
ANDERSON--Experience and familiarity are invaluable. On Wednesday, the Anderson University women’s soccer team showed exactly why during its home opener against Trine.
On Wednesday morning, the AU men's soccer team took the pitch for an international match against a second division U19 team in Barcelona in 90-degree weather on the turf surface.
Anderson University baseball standout Joe Moran has been named the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Most Valuable Player, as announced by the conference Monday.
This Week's Circulars
- Police: Anderson man accused of killing 'longtime' friend
- Anderson man accused of robbing woman, who was then dragged by a car
- Outlaws come to Anderson
- Police: Man ties up customers, employees during armed robbery
- Police: Elwood teen accused of sexual misconduct with minor
- Changes coming to Athletic Park
- Woman found in ditch with child charged with neglect
- Newco disputes claims from opponents of Element 13 aluminum remelting project
- Police: Man attempts to escape facility, attacks officer
- Program at Frankton pairs students for friendship