On Wednesday morning, the AU men's soccer team took the pitch for an international match against a second division U19 team in Barcelona in 90-degree weather on the turf surface.
Anderson University baseball standout Joe Moran has been named the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Most Valuable Player, as announced by the conference Monday.
Having lost six of its last seven contests, Anderson University's women's basketball squad was in serious need of a lifeline Wednesday night and one appeared on the horizon in last-place Manchester.
ANDERSON — Regardless of their records, traditional rivals can be among the most difficult teams on one's schedule, and this was certainly the case for Anderson University's men's basketball squad Wednesday night against Franklin College.
The Anderson University women's basketball team has already won more games than it did the last two years combined. The Ravens have done this largely through an injection of youthful talent that has Anderson hovering around the .500 mark.
At halftime, Cole Hartman had five points and four rebounds with the Ravens up on Bluffton. The second half would see the forward go off for 19 points and five boards to finish with a team-high 24 points and nine rebounds in a 69-61 win.
After trailing by as many as nine points in the first half, the Anderson University men's basketball team fought back to take the lead on several occasions in the second half.
Shooting and transition have been keys to success for the Anderson University men's basketball program under coach Owen Handy, and that was carried out in full force Saturday against Earlham.
During Anderson University football coach Steve Rock's first season, his Ravens have made great efforts to reverse the tough fortunes of the program over the past decade.
This Week's Circulars
- Motorcyclist dies in single-vehicle accident
- Mother devastated by 911 calls about son's fiery crash
- Republican candidate for mayor calls for demotion of Anderson police chief
- Editorial: Pendleton Town Council violated public's trust
- Woman, found in home after fire, died from gunshot wound
- Family, friends share memories of unborn twins' mother
- Anderson mayoral campaign heating up
- Sheriff seeks information on hit-and-run that injured 16-year-old bicyclist
- The right man for the job
- Second Chance program helps teens prepare for future