According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Indianapolis Colts have a new left tackle.
One of the more celebratory weeks of Sam Ehlinger’s life turned tragic Thursday afternoon. The Indianapolis Colts rookie quarterback was rushed home from his first NFL mini-camp after his younger brother Jake, a linebacker at the University of Texas, was found dead in Austin, Texas.
INDIANAPOLIS — At least one undrafted free agent has made the Indianapolis Colts’ initial 53-man roster for 22 consecutive years. But the early pool of 2021 contenders is just five players deep.
As the Indianapolis Colts’ fifth-round pick approached in last week’s NFL draft, general manager Chris Ballard turned to Jim Irsay in the war room and brought the owner up to speed on Florida safety Shawn Davis.
Nearly all of Kylen Granson’s willpower seemed to be devoted to one task — keeping himself from rolling his eyes in front of the virtually assembled media.
Watching a whirling dervish of chaos and destruction overwhelm offensive backfields, Indianapolis Colts director of college scouting Morocco Brown strived to find a short-hand tool to describe Vanderbilt defensive lineman Dayo Odeyingbo to his colleagues.
Shortly after donning an Indianapolis Colts draft cap and draped in the Liberian national flag — his mother’s home country — Kwity Paye told a national television audience Thursday night his mother will never have to work again.
It took until the team’s final pick Saturday – No. 248 overall in the seventh round – but the Indianapolis Colts finally addressed the offensive line in the NFL draft.
The Senior Bowl has long been a preferred pool of talent for Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard, and he dipped back into that well Saturday in the fifth round.
As offensive tackles were flying off the board during the second round of the NFL draft Friday, general manager Chris Ballard was sweating in the Indianapolis Colts’ draft room.
The Indianapolis Colts filled one of their biggest needs Thursday in the first round of the NFL draft by selecting Michigan defensive end Kwity Paye with the 21st overall pick.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Husband of missing Alexandria native charged with murder
- Kelly Hawes column: Sorting the crazies from the experts
- Former Alexandria special education teacher charged with child molestation
- Affidavit: Man told police he killed a young mother because she got 'in his face'
- Man wanted in Lapel stabbing turns himself in to authorities
- Anderson man remains at large, wanted in connection to stabbing
- Update: Husband charged with murder in disappearance of Suzanne Morphew in Colorado
- Bicyclist hit by train
- Elwood man accused of stabbing woman, threatening to kill child
- Police seek identity of pedestrian hit by car