Walter Smith, the Scottish soccer coach who won 21 trophies over two spells with Rangers and restored respectability to his national team in a brief stint in charge, has died. He was 73.
LONDON (AP) — British heavyweight Dillian Whyte wants his next fight to be against Tyson Fury for the world title instead of rescheduling his canceled bout with Otto Wallin.
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Cricket South Africa ordered its players Tuesday to take the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement ahead of their remaining games at the T20 World Cup.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — South Africa won the toss and elected to bowl against defending champion West Indies in a T20 World Cup Group 1 match on Tuesday.
The final buzzer sounded at the Tokyo Olympics, the gold medal for the U.S. was won and Gregg Popovich held his emotions in check for at least a couple of minutes.
Texas’ Chris Beard prepared for his first season coaching at his alma mater by assembling a virtual all-star team of transfers from across the country.
Tom Brady had one memento he wanted back from a fan in the stands and one he wanted to give his biggest little fan after his latest historic performance.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Anderson barber charged with promotion of child sexual trafficking
- Man seriously injured in car-train crash in Anderson
- Jail Log: Oct. 21
- UPDATE: Two killed, two others seriously hurt in crash near Perkinsville
- Anderson woman used isolation to write educational children's book
- Black Chamber honors 7 local residents
- Anderson purchases trolley for downtown route
- Pendleton under boil advisory after line break drains water towers
- Nazi flag along Nickel Plate Trail draws anger from riders, officials
- Lapel pulls away from Frankton, set to face No. 1 Eastbrook