Marian R. Wood
July 27, 1928 - Nov. 20, 2006
HUNTSVILLE — Marian R. (Hart) Wood, 78, Huntsville, passed away Nov. 20, 2006, at Rawlins House Nursing Home in Pendleton.
She was born July 27, 1928, in Gosport and resided in Huntsville for 60 years. She had worked in the clerk’s office at the Madison County Government Center for 20 years, retiring 13 years ago.
She was a member of Huntsville/Good Shepherd Community Church and the Pendleton Garden Club. She was a 1946 graduate of Pendleton High School.
Survivors include two children, Julie (Owens) and husband, Dannie Walker of Gulfport, Miss., and John and wife, Kristi Owens of Huntsville; two sisters, Nancy Wood and Betty Pegg, both of Huntsville; two brothers, David Hart of Morristown and Dick Hart of Albany; five grandchildren, Kameron Walker, Molly Walker, Nathon Owens, Brandon Owens and Julie (Owens) and husband, Justin Williams; a great-granddaughter, Maria Walker; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Harry and Gladys (Vadis) Hart; husband, William E. Wood in 1981; and two sisters, Mart Whitsett and Linda Trout.
Services will be conducted at noon Wednesday at Wilson St. Pierre Funeral Service and Crematory, Lahm Chapel, 211 E. State St., Pendleton, with Pastor Claude Creel officiating. Burial will be in Huntsville Cemetery.
Visitation will be 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Lahm Chapel.
Memorial contributions may be made to Pendleton Emergency Ambulance, P.O. Box 165, Pendleton, IN 46064.
The family expresses a special thanks to Buzz and Nancy Wood and Betty Pegg, for all the help and loving care they have given.
Post online condolences at www.theheraldbulletin.com.
Marian R. Wood
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- State police identify Westfield man as victim of fatal crash on I-69
- Cowan coach was well-known in Madison County
- Driver airlifted after pickup crashes near Pendleton
- Alcohol suspected in head-on crash
- Poet Biorefining breaks ground on new purified alcohol facility
- Libertarian Jorgensen struggles to get message to voters
- 9 deaths reported at Countryside Manor
- Daleville company faces fines in death of tree-trimming employee
- ISP investigators seek witnesses to Monday crash on I-69
- Colts Notebook: Coronavirus scare tests team's contingency plan